350W power supply

danscott

where can i find a good downloadable instructions manual or helpful guide to connecting the power supply to all the components? :eek:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Just remember that if the cable dont look like it fits then it probably doesnt ... dont try to jam it :)

danscott

there is one cable

all cables fit but there is one cable from the psu that doesnt connect anywhere on my mobo...not sure what that one is for.
i disconnected all the cables ,except for the 2 cables going into the board, and i get the same high pitched sound..if i disconnect the 4 pin cable i get the same sound, if i disconnect just the 20 pin cable i dont get any sounds from the psu... :mad: :eek: :confused:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
all cables fit but there is one cable from the psu that doesnt connect anywhere on my mobo...not sure what that one is for.
Well if you're running an AMD system that conector is probably the P4-12V line which has no use on AMD boards.

i disconnected all the cables ,except for the 2 cables going into the board
What mobo do you have?

if I disconnect just the 20 pin cable I dont get any sounds from the psu...
That's because the PSU isnt turning on

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm i guess the A64s do have a 4pin power requirement :) My bad. This means you will have to plug both the 20pin ATX power cable and the 4pin P4 cable into the motherboard to gett he thing kick started. Now another thought is that your PSU isnt enough to power everything in your box: try leaving out everything except the mobo, video card and memory (i.e., no HDD, opticals or extra chassis fans)

tristan

See if the noise is one of the PSU fans. A lot are replacable just be very carefull messing around with it.