a decent virus protectin

g4m3rof1337

program i need a good free antivirus program norton is expired so tht trial ware is done n e thing else?
i used avast and it was werid

tech_dude

i suggest AVG, never had any problems with it and it works great

i have seen Panda in action, and have dealt with people who use it and was constantly trying to sort out problems with it

JAPPO

I suggest:

BitDefender
McAffee
Trend Micro PC-CILLIN

I have had no problems with them. It all depends on how much system resources you are willing to use, though.

Motoxrdude

I suggest:

BitDefender
McAffee
Trend Micro PC-CILLIN

I have had no problems with them. It all depends on how much system resources you are willing to use, though.

Mcaffee is the worst! I absolutly hate mcaffe.
I would recommend AVG or AntiVir.

Bobo

banned
I suggest:

BitDefender
McAffee
Trend Micro PC-CILLIN

Google Pack give you for 6 months free Norton Antivirus
free antivirus: AntiVir Personal Edition Classic 7 from Avira
free anti-rootkit: Sophos product
free anti-spyware: Microsoft Windows Defender
I strongly recommend that you do not get any of those options, except maybe AntiVir. I use it on one of my PCs, and it is OK. I would recommend AVG.

tech_dude

I recommend AVG, i pay for a version which includes a firewall, but there is a free version and this is just as good, it is what i first tried before i bought it.

Superb, u should not have any problems with it.

However stay away from software such as Panda and Norton

if you dont fancy AVG, then there is always Macaffee, not a huge fan of it, but it does the job.

hope this helps

rayZa

I got no problems using avast. Perhaps avast is the best ever antivirus software. I used AVG before - not as good as avast

EsoxLucius

The best way to know what sofware is good for you is to try them for at least 2-3 days each.

My personal favourite is bitdefender v10 IS it has it all, you can try to download a trial and see how things are going with it. The thing is that they lowered the memory footprint of bd in the system. On my computer bd uses in deepscan mode almost 10mb of ram. Check the printscreen: