A Digital Camera for a Autistic Child?

marquita188

I need some suggestions on what kind of digital camera to get for my autistic brother?

he can't wait for anything! he is very impatient, he likes looking out of windows...

only can pay by MO, it has to be under 100 dollars, maybe something with a faster Shutter speed...

My baby brother is 10 years younger than me and, he loves, my Fuji
FinePix "E510" digital camara, so much that I have to hide it from
him. because I am afraid that he was break it! he breaks everything!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DanLatimer

you should get one around 2MP that will give you nice shots that you can print to up to 8 1/2 by 11 w/o losing quality. plus they are really cheep nowadays you could prolly get a good 2 MP camara for $100

The_Other_One

VIP Member
The fastest camera I've ever used was my Minolta Dimage Xt. It was a 3.2MP and I beleive the newer ones are actually faster. Start up time is around a second, and it's ready to take a picture(practically no flash charge time or anything!)

Now, something else to consider is the type of memory used. I had a cheaper SD card in it and it would sometimes take a bit to write. However, when I used some of my more expensive but smaller cards, they would take much less time to write. Compact flash cards are the fastest and usally are cheaper, but most camera's anymore use SD cards due to size...

Hope this helps.

EDIT

Something I forgot, the Minolta is probably not the best one due to it's size. It's a great camera, but the zoom is all within the camera(the lens doesn't come out like most camera's) so it's probably more fragile than others... Plus the lens(at least on the older ones) is in the upper conner so it's probably going to get covered with finger prints :p

NyRoN

check tiger direct or CC or BB for a cheap digital cam...im sure u'll find something that can suite his taste

The_Other_One

VIP Member
SD cards are catching up, but Compact flash are still faster. I know there's an 80x CompactFlash card...

Faster cards will help write faster, but you're still somewhat limited to the camera's ability to create the image. Still, the faster cards will speed up the process...

marquita188

NyRoN said:
check tiger direct or CC or BB for a cheap digital cam...im sure u'll find something that can suite his taste

I thought they said x-D Picture Card is the fastest and the smallest...

CC or BB???

Last edited:

DanLatimer

mm they arent the smallest SD has one about the same size called the compact SD or something like that, you can get an adapter to make it the size of a normal memory card, not that you have to worry about any of this while looking for a camara :)

marquita188

DanLatimer said:
mm they arent the smallest SD has one about the same size called the compact SD or something like that, you can get an adapter to make it the size of a normal memory card, not that you have to worry about any of this while looking for a camara :)

the name is marquita, not mm... and what's this new memory, that's around the same size as xd?