A Firewall issue (NAT)

J_D

Hi I’m getting a bit annoyed now that nearly all my games won’t work online except Call of duty

Today my friend and I were trying to play a game of Medieval 2 online however when we tried to connect to each others game (we both tried hosting) we were presented with a "NAT Negotiation failed" message.

In other games with friends (i.e. Halo) the only way to allow people to connect to me (and them) was by getting them to direct IP connect and instead of giving them my computers IP I give them my routers IP. This seems to by pass the problem in halo.

But in medieval there is no way of direct connecting :(

Does anyone now what the problem is with NAT and what it is? (Is it the port forwarding thingy?)

My router is a BT Home Hub

Myslef and my friend both turned off our softwere based firewalls

has anyone got any suggestions?

cause i have only had broadband now for like 4 months and in that time have bearly used it for online gaming mainly due to this problem and my computer throwing a wobbly. A while back

J_D

OK I think I may have resolved it as I managed to host a game in medieval2 which a polish kid connected too.

I had to add a profile for Medieval 2 with its respective ports found @ http://findports.com/

And then assign this profile it to a local device i.e. my computer.

I think my friend will need to do the same how ever I have no clue what make router he has or how to access its internal controls via IE.