a newbie full of problems (my so called life)

first of, hello from Greece. its my first post here and i regret that it is about a problem.

now to the problem.

A while ago, i had to format my pc and at that time i kinda messed things with my cd-r. actually i guess i installed the wrong driver. to make things worse, i downloaded what i thought was the correct driver but when i installed it, my pc stopped detecting the cd-r. after i tried to restart my pc, the windows wouldn't load and it would stop at the "detecting IDE drivers"and i had to unplug the cd-r in order to make my pc work.

so, from what you 're hearing do u think there may be a way to make it work? it's a shame because i've just made a dsl connection and i can't burn things...

thanx for listening

(and i 've just realised i've placed it in the wrong section. loads of sorries people)

Last edited:

[tab]

[...]
Hello PKIA, good luck for the Euro Cup Final :)

Did you try to install a driver, or a firmware update?

FurEver

hey,

I think I had this problem. Go to the control panel and try reinstalling the IDE drivers. I don't know if you have another Cd or DVD drive but you might need the Windows CD in the drive. Other than that try downloading a real driver, shut down the comp, connect the CD-r (be sure about jumper settings) and hit the power switch. Now when it says "hit del to enter setup" do that and once you're in bios, go to where you can configure your devices. (forgot the name of the setup menu, sry) But anyway this is simple just hit whatever key it says on the buttom to "auto detect all drives" (that's like F3 or something)

It should detect your CD-r, if not try checking jumpers or switching IDE wires

Once you're in windows, you can install the drivers if you still have to. It depends on your windows version. Everything other than XP means you just execute the file on your disk, or go to control panel and acces the hardware manager where you should see the Cd-r listed.

Well don't worry about it too much, a CD-r doesn't brake from wrong drivers, at least it shouldn't.

Oh yeah I'm so looking forward to sunday, My good friends and me are going to a greek bar to see the match, since greece is our last hope in the euro cup...(we live in Germany)

Good luck buddy

Thanx ev'ryone! (and thanx for the eurocup wishes as well!) i'll try what you're telling me .thank god i have another drive. i'll tell u how it went!