About to build a computer

Hey everyone. I'm going to build a computer to hopefully sell for a little money. It doesn't need to be top of the line but it shouldn't be the quality of the mass produced computers. As for the budget, I'd say around $500 to $800. So any parts recomendations would be great!

KillermilleR

ok kool, but u may want to find out what the person to whom u will be selling it wants..this will infact save u money on unnessary parts and software. Its a business thing!!

SFR

Truth fears no questions
computermaineack said:
I plan to sell it for a little extra $$$.

okay so you build an $800 machine and sell it for $1600??

You had better offer EXCELLENT customer and technical service to the unsuspecting customer your going to dupe into buying your 100% marked up machine...

SFR said:
okay so you build an $800 machine and sell it for $1600??

Who said I was going to sell it for 100% markup? And since I first posted this thread I have been thinking a LOT about it... and I realize I should just build computer totally how the customer wants them. Anyway, still feel free to recomend parts (originaly what this post was about).

SFR

Truth fears no questions
computermaineack said:
Who said I was going to sell it for 100% markup? And since I first posted this thread I have been thinking a LOT about it... and I realize I should just build computer totally how the customer wants them. Anyway, still feel free to recomend parts (originaly what this post was about).
I was exaggerating... just a little... ..

Its good to know that you wont be overcharging.

Well the first thing you need to decide is what CPU and MOBO you want to get. Either you wait for everyone’s "personal preference" or do a little Google research on AMD and/or Intel.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I plan to sell it for a little extra $$$.
Fair enough ... wouldnt it be better to get the sale first and then build to spec'?

You had better offer EXCELLENT customer and technical service to the unsuspecting customer your going to dupe into buying your 100% marked up machine...
LOL I should tell you some of my [war] stories heehee

I was exaggerating... just a little... ..
I wasnt :p

To deal with the subject at hand, can you nail the budget down a bit more, 500 and 800 is a very broad spectrum :)