Absolute beginner, absolutely stuck City Skylines

ohdearme

Thanks to help people on this forum, I now have the programme up and running.

I am stuck. I have unlimited money going as I just want to make a town, that's all and can just about draw some basic roads.

Please, how do I get houses, buildings, more types of roads, trees flowers cars and stuff that towns have?

I haven't a clue.

Keep well all of you.

Alan

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
You zone the area off for what you want it to be and people will come and build. You don't build the areas yourself. The game does that automatically.

I recommend watching some beginner Cities Skylines tutorials on YouTube of how to play.

ohdearme

Thanks, Voyager, I have looked at some and it they seem to assume knowledge. One, lady's video, (I'm sure she's well meaning) says that you could be 5 years old and then goes on to say there are no mods or dlcs, which means nothing to me. I'll try some more.
Thank you again. Alan

ohdearme

I see now, I stopped pausing and I can see it building, thank you. By the way I seem to be getting sarcastic comments coming up, saying things like "What about some water" and " I need to go to another town and get some headache pills"

Are these real people?
You can see what a beginner I am,.
Best
Alan

beers

Staff member
Since it's a city building game that manages resources those are usually just npc/ai 'hints' on what elements to add to your town from a gameplay perspective.

ohdearme

Thanks MK I ask that as the "Comments" don't seem to know that I'm playing with unlimited funds. I don't need to fret now.
Have a nice evening.
Alan