Acer T120E Desktop AMD Sempron 2600+ - £250

jrhnewark

Hi to everybody, I've not posted here before.

I've placed an order on Ebuyer UK for this system, which is extremely good value - I'm still waiting to find out as to whether the order will be accepted (if they will be getting enough stock to cover all the orders).

What do you all here think of the system? Good, bad, etc? Worth the wait?

Thanks for any comments - http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=80436 :)

Last edited:

samuelhii_mei

this system is a standard one!! not too bad and not too good too!
it will perform a little bit 'hard' in some high requiment game like doom 3!
for college that system can be accept!!
and i think this system a bit overcharged!

Last edited:

jrhnewark

You seen the prices in this country? Most of the time, you can't get anything for under £500/£600!

I don't really want to be a gamer with it, it's mainly going to be stuff like college work and running Dreamweaver etc.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
it will perform a little bit 'hard' in some high requiment game like doom 3!
Odds are it wont play D3. Onboard video units often down qualify for DX9b.

You seen the prices in this country? Most of the time, you can't get anything for under £500/£600!
LOL yep :p

I don't really want to be a gamer with it, it's mainly going to be stuff like college work and running Dreamweaver etc.
The machine will do a good job for that :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
So what are the average prices in Canada, or the United States then - how much could you get this machines for...
I'm paying about $563 Canadian, about $473 US dollars.
In general stuff in UK, without value-subtracted-tax., is still more expensive ... dunno quite why but yeah, over on this side of the pond, things are cheaper :) $563CAD is a reasonable price to pay for an OEM machine, if you built it yourself you could prolly save $100-$150CAD :)

jrhnewark

Well, that was what I was planning to do, originally, but it would actually cost me about $30CAD even with the cheapest parts. So I thought I'd save myself a lot of hassle!

How much is the tax on products in Canada? Over here, VAT (Value Added Tax) is a whopping 17.5% - ouch! :(

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I dont think so but i cant remember :) Really it wont be an earth shattering difference even if it does :)

jrhnewark

It doesn't really matter, I can't find anybody in the US or Canada who exports to the UK... anybody here know of any companies?