Activating Dual Channel And Overclocking.

EMO-TOCROSS

Hey I havent really bothered to turn on dual channel lately, because 1gb was getting me to where I needed. But now I've got loads of work that requires lots of applications, and lots of ram is being used. I've looked at how much my Processor is being worked when I do all this, and 100% of its always being used too. It's time to start using my features. So 1, how do I get Dual channel set up. I've been lookin in bios and I'm not finding anything speaking of dual channel. I know I need just two sticks of ram to make it work, I'll use my OCZ 512mb PC3200 Sticks (2), and do I need to put them in specific slots? I've heard it needs to go on the outside slots, and to leave the middle empty(motherboard in my signature). Also, I have a AMD XP 2500+ BARTON CORE Processor and A really good fan on it(in sig. too). How much can I overclock this? Like what speeds perhaps. Thanks, <3 EMOTOCROSS

EMO-TOCROSS

oh okay cool thanks. that explains alot cuz i asked someone else and he said leave the middle slot empty.. but the middle and last one are blue and the first is black, So i'll put them both in blue. Will it autimatically turn on dual channel or do I need to change the settings to activate it? Also, How do I know when im overclocking it.. too much... is there software or something that I can dowload that will keep track on how my processor is doing? Thanks

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Will it autimatically turn on dual channel
its automatic

is there software or something that I can dowload that will keep track on how my processor is doing
Theres tons of stuff for that ... depends on what kinda stuff you need

EMO-TOCROSS

okay so I put them in the blue colored slots and took out the 256mb card. it seems pretty fast, how do I know if its running dual channel or not?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
how do I know if its running dual channel or not?
1. It says during bootup.
2. System info proggies (like PCWizard)
3. Dual Channel is seriously overrated :p