advertising/marketing/promoting

miaeih

Anyone have free or near-free advertising/marketing/promoting ideas for online shops? Ebay+PayPal takes a huge percentage...
Things I have down are free give-aways for links to the site
seeing if radio/tv will do something if a gift is donated
flyers (but that would only spread the word in your area)
optimizing for search engines and submitting to them (many search engines have gone paids though)

Blind_Arrow

there is a thing called link exchange program, u use other similar site's banner on yours (or somesite related to you) and in exchange they market yours. as well, try selling few products on eBay, as well giving link to your site. (like writing, if you cannot find what are lookign for, try it at my shop www.abc123.com), F*** eBay as if they have rule that your site has the product but in hihgher price (I hate them for that, Blood Suckers) - Ian/Praedor, sorry guys for getting tooo offensive in slang dont kick me out of forum :(

anyway, where were we, right!!, to tacke this situation, dont put those things on eBay which you already are selling, like u can sell t-shirt of say Windows, but keep other designs and other O/S seperate on your web site.

2nd thing, if u have knowledge of Metatags (are in header tag information of the HTML page), optimize your at leat two meta tags information wisely, that are, keywords and description. search engines are BOT/Spider operated, ythey'll pick up your site once uploaded with good meta tags etc).

use this link frequently in your site (tell your mates/friend).

and now before writing this line, I have actually visited your site (usability status), its cool . put commas (again comma thingi I was discussing with Paedor), in keywords. and make them little more, I couldnt find any difference in your description and keywords. optimize it well.

also put somewhere (as if its not there) product feedback, what kind of logo/words you want to see more in future (things like that), as there is no AMD :), Awww, I find people going for stuff like that are more AMD fans, make some t-shirts of ATi, nVidia (look for copyright issue, as I dont think they'll mind, unlike playboy did sue many people, A** H****) this doesnt show my particular interest in playboy specially ;), but I'm representative for MSc E-Business, therefore went for a case studies related to copyright infringment for playboy + many - now u got it. dont think am interested inti stuff like that, I dont have even got any gf. can U imagine ??

anyway, again coming to ur point. and also give a clear shot of what is written on the shirt (as in some cases i couldnt read clearly).

go on forums like this is , you'll get your at least 15% audience from forums. which will be ur potential clients and word of mouth advertisers (depending on product quality u are offering).

I'll write more a if I come with some other idea, as though Inhad deeply studied cyber marketing, personely I hate it, as i'm more into web site usability and Web Based Business Modelling Strategies.

Cheerz!!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
sorry guys for getting tooo offensive in slang dont kick me out of forum :(
Dont worry I cant see that happening.

what does nosediver mean?
Also to add to what was said above, if you can manufacture in very small numbers like cafepress, perhaps try and strike up affiliations with some of the larger tech sites on the net where you sell shirts for their sites.

miaeih

Thanks for the feedbacks! (I'm not aware that "nosediver" means anything.. I didn't name the site)
If you exchanges links/banners with sites, won't you run into the problem of having too many advertisements on the site? That's why I wrote, giving out free shrits in exchange for a link/banner :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
If you exchanges links/banners with sites, won't you run into the problem of having too many advertisements on the site?
You dont have to link from the pain page. You can have a special links page.

miaeih

Do you have a sample website for this being done? I know of it being done for smaller websites and personal websites (I did it for mine a long time ago) but a more professional website...? Or maybe they've been tucking it in a small corner really well where I can't see it :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
just add it somewhere to your navigation menu.
Webmasters are not stupid, they check to see how visible their link is and how people are likely to access it, if you make it somewhere hard to find, you more than likely wont get many link partners.
Be fair!