AGP Aperature: What setting is for me?

JND

Hey all, I did a search on this and another forum and I found a couple questions and responses about setting the AGP Aperature in the BIOS, but none of them were really directed at what I was wondering.

So, I have currently have a GeForce2 Mx/mx400 video card, but have a 9800 SE on the way.

Currently my AGP is set to 128MB, with 64MB and 256MB as available options.

So I have two questions, actually:
1) Can set this to 256MB right now with my GeForce card to improve graphics immediately. Or will this likely cause problems b/c my card is weak?

2) What would be a better setting for the 9800 SE when it comes. I'm still learning the BIOS.

Thanks,
Nate

P4 1500
640MB RAM

tommy8748

JND said:
1) Can set this to 256MB right now with my GeForce card to improve graphics immediately. Or will this likely cause problems b/c my card is weak?
If you're card is too weak then the graphic card will be pushed to the max, which may mess up some graphics in games the require more than you're card is offering.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Realistically it doesnt really matter what your aperture size is... the default of 64MB is plenty fine. Some people like to jack this higher.... it doesnt really have any earthshattering final effect one way or another