AMD64 3200/Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro

rivan

My system at the moment:

CPU: AMD 64 3200
MB: Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro
AGP: GF4400Ti

Old Ram:
1 (Elixir 512MB, DDR-266MHz-CL2.5 PC2100)
1 (Crucial 512MB, DDR-333MHz-CL2.5 PC2700)

New Ram:
2 (Matrix 512MB, DDR-400MHz PC3200)

I've installed XP and am getting random crashes, BSODs like:

Machine_Check_Exception 0x00000004, 0x80545FF0, 0x32000000, 0x00070F0F.

Would this be a RAM problem? I've heared these boards are really fussy about they RAM they'll accept?

kof2000

are all those ram all in ur mb right now? try installing only one type of ram like just your new ram.

ZER0X

VIP Member
It's always good two have to sets of RAM chips not just one, it's so they can share part of the memory usage :)

And I don't think its the RAM because my friends computer used to do it all the time we never figured it out, but when he formatted it, it never happened again (DONT FORMAT IT HE ONLY JUST DID IT)

rivan

It does it with just old, and with just new. I've tried one stick at a time in different slots, not sure what else to attempt

rivan

Formatting is quite a harsh alternative. This is a fresh install of XP + SP2, I'm not really sure what else to try.

Installing newest Mobo drivers off Gigabyte's webby manually, though I assume they're pretty up to date as it is.

I'll see if shutting off on-board sound or whatever makes any difference. I'll update yas

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Would this be a RAM problem? I've heared these boards are really fussy about they RAM they'll accept?
Does indeedy sound like the mobo .. well... maybe not. Sounds more like the RAM wont operate so well being downclocked.

This is a fresh install of XP + SP2,
Eeek well with SP2 it could be damn near anything :p If you have the option, avoid that for now