Anyone helps me to convert from a picture to text

v0031

Anyone helps me to convert from a picture to text
11-1_UKSR2NBrLsvd.jpg

ceewi1

VIP Member
I take it you mean a scanned image of some text, and you want to convert it to editable text?

You need OCR software. SimpleOCR is free, but the accuracy isn't great. You may want to try a shareware version of a commercial product, if you want to do a few pages.

If you're willing to pay, OmniPage is superb.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hmmmmmm if you scan from word it'll do it, will it not? It's been a long while since I've done this but it was either with Word or the software that came with our All in one HP Printer. Hardly use the thing for anything else but photocopy or print text so I cannot remember. All I do remember is that it was with existing hardware/software installed.

Edit:

I just looked under "Microsoft Office Tools" (installed with Microsoft Word). There is an option called "Microsoft Office Document Scanning", I'm pretty sure this will do it for you.

Edit yet again:

Just realized you might have been talking about something on your computer (not hard copy). In which case print it out as a picture and you can rescan it this way into a workable .doc file. Of course if it's just that one page then it'll take what? less then five minutes just to type it out? :p.

Last edited: