{:{:{:{: anyone want to build me a pc? {:

holyjunk

:eek: :eek: anyhow i try to research but could u guys help me a bit more? i am thinking bout building a pc under $500 dollar and i at least want these things

-pentium 4 lookin at least 2.0ghz
-ram looking for ddr2 512mb or more
-motherboard that supports ddr2 ram:cool:
-a cool lookin case but cheap (good quality though)
-psu good but cheap too

i got graphics for now and sound card (for my logitech z-5300e O YA YA YA I LOVE THEM SHUT-UP WHOEVER HAS THE 5500:) and a dvd drive and a burner
*i am thinkin i kinda want to build it for the new windows vista coming out but i dont really want to worry bout that now

--i want to run a lot of applications at once and games occasional and like music and web surfing

any comments welcome thank you

ceewi1

VIP Member

holyjunk

i got a mx4000 64mb i want to upgrade i dont know i heard the 6600gt is nice but maybe it is a bit expensive for me

Jet

VIP Member
YEA man you need a new graphics card. 6600GT is a must, everything else below that is junk

ceewi1

VIP Member
Praetor's config looks superb, but won't work with your graphics card. You'll either need to buy a PCI-E graphics card with it, or get a different motherboard that features either integrated graphics, or an AGP slot.

holyjunk

ok been awhile but can anyone cut this down so i can include an os like windows vista comin say $100 probably it will be and so i can fit a nice graphics card in the budget too but keep the dual processor -(to cut down on price) i can live with 256mb for now, upgrade lata - and i really only need the hdd to be 40 gig or 80gig

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
YEA man you need a new graphics card. 6600GT is a must, everything else below that is junk
Assuming of course that everyone plays videogames because well, we know thats true ;)

ok been awhile but can anyone cut this down so i can include an os like windows vista comin say $100 probably it will be and so i can fit a nice graphics card in the budget too but keep the dual processor -(to cut down on price) i can live with 256mb for now, upgrade lata - and i really only need the hdd to be 40 gig or 80gig
If you think windows vista is going to be $100, you're quite mistaken. Just the OEM version of WXPPro is 140USD.... now granted there are going to be uber budget versions of Vista ... but if thats what you're getting, you might as well get WindowsXP Home

holyjunk

o ic thx anywho do u think i could keep the dual core but also get like the 7600gt or something to that extent and still be around a $500 $600 budget? (praetor ic u have posted on every thread in destop lol u havnt been on a while huh?)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
o ic thx anywho do u think i could keep the dual core but also get like the 7600gt or something to that extent and still be around a $500 $600 budget?
Well .. have a look at the budget and a baseline machine and start tinkering around and you'll see