Anything I should Upgrade?

Tyler Dunn

I'm looking in to doing some video game recording, mainly on Xbox one with a capture card and some on PC, and then video editing/rendering. I was wondering if there were any upgrades I need to make to be able to do this? Current Setup: -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770S CPU @ 3.10GHz -12 GB RAM -64-bit Operating System, 64x-based processor -NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit) Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

_Glitch

When i was working with Avid Liquid 5 years ago (did some media work back then) i used a dedicated monitor for all my media files and showing previews.
Made the job a little easier. So in long editing sesions, it was a nice thing to have.
However it didn't make me noticeable more efficient. I just used more Shortcuts when having just one monitor.

If you have a choice between 2 mediocre monitors and 1 good monitor, i'll take the good one any day.

_Glitch

I don't use a dual setup anymore at home because of it takes up too much space. And i don't like having mismatching monitors.
So because of my somewhat high standards, my last setup would be expensive to upgrade to another dual setup.
i bought one 27inch QHD IPS monitor instead of 2x 24inch in similar quality. Saved enough money for a new motherboard.

Tyler Dunn

I don't use a dual setup anymore at home because of it takes up too much space. And i don't like having mismatching monitors.
So because of my somewhat high standards, my last setup would be expensive to upgrade to another dual setup.
i bought one 27inch QHD IPS monitor instead of 2x 24inch in similar quality. Saved enough money for a new motherboard.
Thanks for the help!