ATi Radeon 9200 issues

volodya8889

Okay I know a decent amount of things about computers, i recently boguht a new one in March, pretty decent, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, Win XP Pro, Audigy2 ZS soundcard,and i threw my old ATI Radeon 9200 128 MB AGP card in cause i figured it was still pretty good, well after spending all this time I finally jsut realized the problem I have been having of my computer turning off was because of the ATI card, I get an error mesage which through some research i fonud is an error with my card and an incompatiblity, I have the latest catalyst drivers, currently i am running an old S3 Virge card with a Voodoo2 SLI accelerator card, no restarts, but I want a new graphics card, what card could I buy that would work with my computer without the issues I aws having with my ATI card? I also have an idea it might have something to do with the r300 core of my ATI card? any ideas on a card i could buy or what i could do to fix my ATI card?

DeerParkWater

Find out what motherboard you are using and see what video cards are compatible with it. Or you can just buy any of the recent video cards(9600 se and sooner).

volodya8889

yeah well I'm sorry I msut've forgot to post my motherboard is an Asus K8VDeluxe i alrady knew that I jsut forgot to post it and I don't think it's an incompatiblity wth the motherboard cause there is no specifications listed with the motherboard saying it was only compatible with certain graphics cards