Barebones system

Joe2003

What do you actually get with a barebones system?? The shuttles pc's are really cheap so it must be lacking somewhere, I reallise there not the fastest machines out there but they will do what I want. So what have they cut down on??

charly

if you don't gonna extend your mini - pc with integrated hardware a barbone would be ok, as long you risc temperature troubles. if you seek for more informations watch for EPIA bords or ITX cases. we tried asus and msi barbones, both crashed because of overheat.

ciao

4W4K3

VIP Member
Joe2003 said:
What do you actually get with a barebones system?? The shuttles pc's are really cheap so it must be lacking somewhere, I reallise there not the fastest machines out there but they will do what I want. So what have they cut down on??

generally you get a case/mobo/CPU/PSU. thats what most barebones kits come with, you still need RAM, GPU, monitor, cables...all that good stuff.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
What do you actually get with a barebones system?? The shuttles pc's are really cheap so it must be lacking somewhere
Barebones are designed to work in a a HTPC type of environment so they dont need fancy hardware :) Of course such gamer boxes are expensive as hell