Battery Life = Low

BrandonL

Whenever I try to use my digital camera, it dies within a couple minutes and i either have to open up the battery case and slide the batteries (AA) in and out so it re-reads them, then turn the camera back on OR i have to put in new batteries. when i put in new batteries, it usually lasts a little longer but not that much.

why does the camera keep dying so fast? is it a bad camera or something?

BrandonL

here's the specs:

Kodak DX3700 digital camera
3.1 Megapixel
3x Digital Zoom
8MB Internal Memory

does that help?

icemanjc

I had that problem, but it seemed that the batetry reeder was faulty and i tryed it with alot of those same kind of camera's, it was just a bad line of cameras

Apokarteron

banned
Lithium batteries get destroyed after too much use.
Every time you recharge a lithium battery some sort of crystals form inside the battery which don't allow further charge after some time (years) the battery is full of crystals and cannot be charged.
What to do to make this problem happen SLOWER:
Do not use battery while charging, have machine swiched off.
Do not recharge battery unless COMPLETELY empty.
etc.

Verve

I had a Kodak digi-cam once. Terrible, it loaded 4 AA's and used them up in half an hour.

aronya1

If your camera allows for thru-the-lens viewing, look for an option to turn off the LCD screen. If the LCD is your only means of framing a shot, look for an option to turn it off until you are ready to shoot. Or just turn off the camera between shots. Running that little TV screen sucks up a lot of battery power.