Best Camera for around $200

double b26

^^? i dont really care what kind it is. i would just like to hear some opinions on what camera is best overall in the 200 price range (could go 250 if it is well-worth the extra 50). one thing that is important is that it takes sd cards. i dont wanna but new memory just for the camera.

Le GoogelGuRu

I would go with a Sony Cybershot camera, but that's just my personal preference. Ahem, as I was typing that I realized the SD card part, unfortunately they take the Sony memory sticks.

Nonetheless, Sony has my vote. :p

EdDx

memory sticks are easier to find in my opinion. plus u get up to 4GB. i dont know much about SD cards though.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
SC card are up to at least 8GB now, plus you can purchase faster cards that read and write faster than the memory sticks.

Schonza

Here you go.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830120194
Forget the fact it has 7.1 mp, because mp don't give you quality, the lens/glass that brings the picture and light in and the CCD (Charge-coupled device) and the capture device are what make the picture good or bad. Megapixels are simply the amount of pixels that are in a picture, therefore if you decide to blow it up, you won't lose quality.
Anyway, I drifted off a little bit. I work with cameras pretty much day in and day out, and this camera is awesome. Very clear pictures, and the Image Stabiliser is fantasic, however it isn't as good as the "Anti-shake" technology that Konica Minolta had on there cameras before they sold them to Sony..

And it takes SD cards. It fills everything you need, and IMO worth the extra $50 for the quality and Image Stabiliser.