Best Webcam

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras, Webcams and Scanners' started by arjhay, Jul 25, 2004.

1. arjhay

arjhay New Member

which webcam do u think is best ? i'm planning to buy one.. any suggestions ?

2. Praetor

Praetor Administrator Staff Member

Depends on your budget/intent but I use the Logitech Cams are good enough for me (mostly because they're cheap and i'm poor :p)

3. Fure6

Fure6 New Member

well quite spending your money on those canadian whores man!

i don't have a webcam...why do you want one? i just don't see the use.

4. Praetor

Doesnt matter to us now does it? :p If (s)he wants one that's good enough :p

Plenty of uses; just consider long distance communiqu├ęs for example

5. ian

ian Administrator Staff Member

webcams are way cool, I dont have one, so I cant recommend one.
    Best way is to maybe check yahoo and look at a few webcams, and if you see one with a good quality picture, just ask them what kind of webcam they are using.
    My favourite webcams to check out are these ones.
    http://www.ev1servers.net/english/dc/webcams.asp

6. Praetor

I'd reccomend that you dont get a webcam with a native resolution less than 640x480 .. many webcams are marketed as 640x480 but they are really 320x240 native and interpolated as such :)

7. Praetor

Translation: buy a webcam. Something we've already noted

8. arjhay

arjhay New Member

thanks for the reply... i am planning to buy the webcam creative.. i think it's kinda good...

9. Praetor

Yeah typical creative webcams are 640x480 native... try to stay away from the 640x480 capable ones which are actually 320x240 native :)

10. NikeAero1080

NikeAero1080 New Member

Im going to pick up the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000. A buddy of mine has it and it works really well. I just have to figure out how I'm going to put the feed onto my web site. Any ideas?

11. nitemistress

nitemistress New Member

I'm not sure about that one but I have the Logitech ClickSmart 420 which has motion detection monitoring and allows you to set up web site as well as a few other things. Each part is set up step by step through the Camera Control Centre. Good luck with yours!

12. Emptyevergreen

Emptyevergreen New Member

i heard that the (i know its mac) isight is a really good webcam and if i were to get one that would be the one