booting problems

B-MAN

i have a problem... when i push the on button on my pc it starts the fans and then it stops... this is before i get anything on my monitor and even before i get any beeps.
After many tries it boots normaly.
What could be the problem? :confused:

[edit] ow and the power light starts flashing on and off [/edit]

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I saw once that kind of problem. The solution was getting out the CPU and inserting it back.

syabab

I had similar case years ago... what I did was changing the power supply unit.

Hope this helps

M Fairuz

B-MAN

this morning when i was trying to boot my machine again it stopt the second it started... i moved it a bit (a bit shockey) to check the stuf on the back side... when i tried to boot again it stopt much longer after it started... but it still stopped.
And somehow i believe that when the light flashes and i use the button on the power suply it starts booting longer before it stops.

It is strange that after a while it does work...

I think it does indeed has to do something with my power suply... i just hope i dont have to replace it...

And if i must replace it, can i just use a power suply from anothe computer?

B-MAN

I didn't take of the power from the pc this night and it booted normally. Is there a charge in the pc that the computer needs to boot?

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
It's definitely a power issue. The problem could be with some capacitors. Probably over night they managed to get fully charged and then the power was ok at boot time.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
There are capacitors on mobo too, as you can see in this image:

capacitors_thumb.jpg

If it turns out that they are defective then they could be replaced in a service, so no need buying a whole new motherboard.

Last edited:

B-MAN

well if i had to buy a new mobo i'd either have to buy an inferior one or on that is to good for my hardware... i need an upgrade anyway, just don't have the money