Broadcasting A Radio Station

yourbasicdj

I use Live 365 to broadcast a radio station from my home. I used to simply have a crossover cable between my two computers for a home network. I was able to broadcast using either computer.

I just bought a switch that I placed between the two computers. (I needed to place another computer in the same room as one of the computers.) My connection now goes Cable modem to desktop, desktop to switch, switch to other computers.

I can access the internet from the computers after the switch, but I can't upload my music to the live365 servers. I have input the port and ip address of the server I need to upload to but I can't get my computer to connect to the server. Any ideas?

UORadio

Did you buy a switch or a router? You should be able to put the router/switch before the 1st computer, instead of running a crossover..

You really should not use Live365, if you want your station to go somewhere you should use SHOUTcast or Windows Media, I recommend SHOUTcast.. You can email me or something if you ever decide to try out either and I can walk you through it.

yourbasicdj

I am using Shoutcast with OTS. I need to have my hardware configures as so.

I have a switch. It turns out I didn't enter my password for live 365. Thanks, I got it working.