Budget Case

Grimulus

I'm looking for a good budget gaming case that looks good and is funtional as a good gaming case. My current case seems to not be meeting my needs.

1) I don't want a door covering my cd bays.
2) Plenty of places for a fan.
3) PLENTY of room in the case.
4) Power Supply would be nice, but isn't a nesessity because I can buy one. A big wattage one would be awesome. Like 480 or something. Do you think a brand name power supply is really worth the extra cash?

I would appreciate the help.

andyobmonkey

i have a good case that i think meet some of your needs, wot country do u live in? also it is definatly worth spending the extra on a brand name PSU, because cheap ones will tend to rattle and become noisy after a while, i have a quite expensive 400W supply in it and its really quiet, also i dont think u will need anything bigger than a 400W, i have 8 fans (4LEDs) and 2 cold cathode strip lights, and its handles it all fine

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1) I don't want a door covering my cd bays.
2) Plenty of places for a fan.
Typically these two requirementd are mutually exclusive but here's an exception: http://www.chenming.com/cases/901a.htm

also I dont think u will need anything bigger than a 400W, I have 8 fans (4LEDs) and 2 cold cathode strip lights, and its handles it all fine
Those lights and fans wont ever use up more than 20W and thats a very generous number at that

Grimulus

those are cool cases. I live in the US man. Tennessee.

why are you selling your case???

I think 400w may be a little small considering the spike that some of the new video cards and push out....i could be wrong but i think they can push higher than 400.

andyobmonkey

im not selling my case, i just recomend it, but i got it from maplin, which i think is only available in the u.k, thats why i asked you where u lived!

tristan

there are TONS of nice cases on www.newegg.com. I do suggest getting one without a PSU because most of the ones they supply (even if they read 400+watts) are crap. How about if you shop around on there and read some of the reviews people give them, and post to us and we can post a link to a great PSU to go with it?