Build your own case

nomav6

has anyone here built their own case? Looking to build my first one, Im looking for something light weight and small, any tips?

[tab]

[...]
You should check out some of the "mod" sites... some cool home made cases around :)

Somebody post a link to the Darth Vader case :D

Will

Depends how much heat you intend to generate. For heavy overclocking, as many as possible, about 4's the usual. As said obove, 2-3 for an average build. Im running two in my gaming machine, on 7 volts with fan speed controller, noly turn them up when the heats gets too high, noisy buggers they are.

nomav6

I just plan on having one fan, not going to be overclocking it, this is going to be the case that I put in my truck, so I dont want to much power running to it, would also try to find a way to put it in the dash somewhere and re-route one of the vents to blow a/c on it during the sumer, then turn it back during the winter. Don't really know how everything is going to turn out yet, got to wait until I decide where Im going to put it and how well the airflow and everything is going to be.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
2...just 2????
Yes just two. Of course that's not the number you should have but as the question was ... the number the case should have ... i.e., when you buy it.. it comes with two fans.

For a car it might be worthwhile to get a solar generator and work that into the roof or something.... if so, something like watercooling/phase cooling would be feasible :D ... course that's starting to get quite expensive :)