Building a computer

Risingtide93

I'm about to build a computer but I'm not sure if it is going to be good gaming/entertainment computer...:confused:

Can someone tell me how good it would be? :confused:
Thanks

macnoob

well its probable going to be a good gaming entertainment pc if you have good graphics,video,sound and a decent cpu idk lower end duo core maybe? also the ability it has for entertainment is also based on what os u have and its applications, in my opinion itunes owns windows media, but thats just me. oh and for gaming, have ram, like 1 gig or 2gig for insan gaming. hope this was helpful cheers

Risingtide93

The parts are:

Case: X-Cruiser Mid-Tower 420W Case W/ WINDOW, MultiMeter Display & Control (Black)
PSU: LOGISYS Computer PS550ABK 550Watts Power Supply With SATA and 20/24 Pin connectors.
CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6400 CPU @ 2.13GHz 1066FSB 2x1MB L2 Cache EM64T, INTEL LGA775 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK
Motherboard:Asus P5N-E nForce 650i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard
RAM: Four Corsair 512MB PC2-6400 DDR2 DIMM Memory Kit (Total 2GB)
Video Card: eVGA eGeForce 7600 GS 256MB Video Card
HD: 320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
Optical Drive: 18X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER
Sound Card: 3D WAVE ON-BOARD 5.1 SOUND CARD
Speaker: Logitech S100 2.0 Stereo Speaker Set
Keyboard: Logitech Deluxe 104 PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse

And about to buy them for $1171.25 :eek:

Oh and one more thing....:)

Would 420W PSU that comes with the case be able to handle all the parts or do I really have to buy the 550W i listed above? :confused:

Thanks

Last edited:

Bradan

the psu in the case wont be enough, and do not get the logisys one

lookf for an fortron, antec (not smartpower), corsair, silverstone etc

get 2, 1gb sticks, get a less expensive brand IMO

are you planning to overclock?

Risingtide93

the psu in the case wont be enough, and do not get the logisys one

lookf for an fortron, antec (not smartpower), corsair, silverstone etc

get 2, 1gb sticks, get a less expensive brand IMO

are you planning to overclock?

Thanks! But well I really need to keep my cost below $1200...And the logisys psu is really cheap and supports 550W. Can you tell me the power supply that would cost up my total bill under 1200 and have enough juices to run my parts? And won't 2GB memory is good nuff for me, since I will be playing just like CS:S and other games...I'm not a "Band-for-Buck" type of guy...:)

Btw, I'm not sure about overclocking...because I know that I won't be able to overclock, since my CPU cooler is stock cooler...But when as soon as i get a good CPU cooler, I'll be jumping with eager to overclock! :D But what cooler would be good nuff for overclocking? :confused:

Thanks again

PC eye

banned
One thing to ask right off is where you are looking to order from if online? as well as prices seen on individual items. For power supplies there are several good makes and models. Wattage output past a good 450w-500w model will depend on application. Is this strictly a gaming build or are you planning to add other types of devices/hardwares?

Risingtide93

One thing to ask right off is where you are looking to order from if online? as well as prices seen on individual items. For power supplies there are several good makes and models. Wattage output past a good 450w-500w model will depend on application. Is this strictly a gaming build or are you planning to add other types of devices/hardwares?

Oh, this is going to be gaming/home type of build...:) And yes, I will be ordering them from cyberpower. I know that you might think that it is better to DIY and save some bucks for it and I've heard that Cyberpower have like HORRIBLE supports...But altough I know good nuff about computers to build them, I just can't have those guts to do it, since it will be my first time ACTUALLY building one :eek: and if I mess up, those consequences will follow...:confused:

For the use of this computer, I will be playing like HL2, DOD:Source, or like CS:Source...:p and maybe like surfing webs, using Words and Powerpoint...I won't be using THAT MUCH HARDCORE gaming but still great gaming computer for affordable price :)

So would 550W PSU work for the application that I will be using? :confused:

Thanks

Risingtide93

I made some changes due to your expertise :)

New Parts:

Case: X-Cruiser Mid-Tower 420W Case W/ WINDOW, MultiMeter Display & Control (Black)
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Aspire_XCRUISERBK_Black_Mid_Tower,__19896975
CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6400 CPU @ 2.13GHz 1066FSB 2x1MB L2 Cache EM64T, INTEL LGA775 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK
Motherboard:Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus Motherboard
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Asus_P5N32_E_SLI_Plus_Motherboard,__32539716/search=motherboard
RAM: Two Corsair 1GB PC2-6400 DDR2 DIMM Memory Kit (Total 2GB)
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__eVGA..._Card,__27804747/search=7600GS%2Bvideo%2Bcard
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Seag...0GB_Hard_Drive,__19777096/search=hard%2Bdrive
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Sams..._177RW_Writer,__31767213/search=DVD%2Bwriters
Sound Card: ON-BOARD SOUND CARD
Speaker: Using my old one
Keyboard and Mouse: Standard Wireless Optical Desktop with Keyboard and Mouse - Black

Changes

1. RAM: Two 1GBs, not four 512MBs of RAM
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Corsair_XMS2_2GB_PC2_6400_DDR2_DIMM_Memory_Kit,__11410908

2. Speaker: using my old one, due to not seeing any difference of wasting bucks to get BETTER, if it is, sounds...
3. Keyboard & Mouse: Better K and M, wireless optical desktop
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Micr...sktop_with_Keyboard_and_Mouse_Black,__7873215
4. Cost: Happily, it's cheaper :D

And if I build this by myself, it would cost me about $1045 rather than like $1147 (about that much) in my first parts that I chose in Cyberpower...:p

Should I build it myself or buy it from Cyberpower for more (but kind of worse)? :confused:

Thanks,

Last edited:

Buy-it PC

I like to quote you.

I made some changes due to your expertise :)

New Parts:

Motherboard:Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus Motherboard
RAM: Two Corsair 1GB PC2-6400 DDR2 DIMM Memory Kit (Total 2GB)
Sound Card: ON-BOARD SOUND CARD
Speaker: Using my old one
Keyboard and Mouse: Standard Wireless Optical Desktop with Keyboard and Mouse - Black

Changes

1. RAM: Two 1GBs, not four 512MBs of RAM
2. Speaker: using my old one, due to not seeing any difference of wasting bucks to get BETTER, if it is, sounds...
3. Keyboard & Mouse: Better K and M, wireless optical desktop
4. Cost: Happily, it's cheaper :D

And if I build this by myself, it would cost me about $1045 rather than like $1147 (about that much) in my first parts that I chose in Cyberpower...:p

Should I build it myself or buy it from Cyberpower for more (but kind of worse)? :confused:

Thanks,

I would like to quote you... I am located in Southern California - would be happy to provide you the equipment for this... maybe I can beat the price? Interested? You can build it yourself if you like. Or, I can quote with the price to build it for you.

Where are you located?:cool:

Risingtide93

Hello :)

I've seen you in many threads and wanted to talk to you anyway :p

I live in Texas and would you be able to supply those items then? :confused:

Thanks,