Burning

Psychoe

I recently got back from a trip and took pictures and video. I am curious if I can burn them in a way to play both the videos and show the pictures on my DVD player. Any help?

[tab]

[...]
If you have a DVD burner, you should have received software to master DVDs. If you only have a CD burner you should be able to create (S)VCDs... but check that your DVD player can play them first.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a DVD burner, you should have received software to master DVDs.
Not if the drive was purchased OEM :p

Psychoe
In addition to an encoder like CCE or TMPGEnc, have a look at something like DVDLab for authoring. Theoretically Nero Vision Express can do the job all in one application -- but it's buggy and unstable :) Even if you've just got a CD burner, you can encode them to DVD and burn them as MiniDVDs (i.e., DVD format burned on a CD -- the cost is you can only fit ~21 minutes or so per disc but hey, whatever works for you!)

:)

flip218

VIP Member
I have no problem using Nero Vision Express. I find it very easy to use. You just add your photos, add any audio if you want, pick your transitions and burn :)

One thing ... don't use +/- RW media. Some standalones don't like/read RW media. You can test on a RW but to play on standalone you'll want to use +/- R media.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
And even more specifically, even though its not much of a problem anymore, some of the older players dont like +R(W) media much so if you're tailoring to older players, -R is prolly the best route :)