can i make this? *program*

g4m3rof1337

I've been thinking.
Can i make a program, thatll show an overview of a billiards table, and show like how hard to hit it, or where to hit at on the cue ball, to show an outlook of what'll happen.

thanks

goosy22

theoretically, if you could figure out a proper physics algorithm for the individual balls/cue stick, figure out exactly how much friction the table actually put out, and other factors i'm probably missing, then yes... i'd say that it would a bigger pain in the ass then it's worth...

Last edited:

goosy22

well... good luck if you do actually take the challenge... as always, you should link us the final program so we can check it out to ;)...

Bl00dFox

ive got time.
iam home schooled.
i do my work. i have the rest of the day.

'mate

*mumbles* kangaroo

lol

Oi! You wanna start a war? You know Australia is soon gonna adapt nuclear power...

What country are you from? If youre so good.

You know what mate, we Aussies are true to heart. Never let a jumbuck get a fair Dinkum outta us, I can tell ya!

And by the way, we aussies have a word to describe people like you...

...Nerd.

g4m3rof1337

how does 'nerd' affect me?
cause i like computers? well...you do to, obviously....
cause iam really good at math?...iam not...

is ur name 'joey' lol
are you going to mod a computer and side panel into a kangaroos pouch?
lol

btw, this...well for me is fun and games

but really, id like my programming ?'s answered

Bl00dFox

Most of the questions you ask on this forum are pointless. That question answers itself.

Yes. It can be done. ANYTHING can be done in the world of programming. Its the effect you put into it.

g4m3rof1337

pointless eh?
reallllly.
answering it self?
well maybe for more of an experienced person, not for me. hence why i came here... to learn from others.

Crocky.

jasonz

I know really nothing about the programming part of this, but just having finished(dont even know if i passed) a physics class that deals with this on a little lower scale, i can tell you right now that will be a total SOB, pain in the ass. And it will take a lot of experimenting and calculating to find the forces and friction. Does not sound like a fun task no matter how much time you have.

codeman0013

The program is goign to be very very indepth. This would be a really hard one to debug man. If you indeed do get the code to work you will be lucky to get all the angles correct. Even online games like yahoo pool and such are not completely accurate.

(p.s on a side note)This is the exact reason i would never home school my children. They have no life outside the house. My next door neighbors kid was the same way he had no friends and no life. Going to school is a big help to a kids social life. I know many kids that are really really screwed up becuase they never have that interaction with other kids.

g4m3rof1337

Home school = better education...
thats a fact, plus you dont go to school to social-ize, yes you can.
but really your there to learn.
But home school, you learn and you go to other activities like sports, lan parties, exc
i go out every weekend with a friend right down the block.

so...

btw, the more you all say its a pain in the ass, SOB, the more it turns me on to doing it.
Iam looking for a challenge, if i pass or fail, still i tried.

So yeah

jimmymac

VIP Member
Home school = better education...
thats a fact,

care to prove that? are you suggesting that once your education has finished you will be better educated than say....oooh i dunno....me? or perhaps half of the members of this board?

in fact, don't answer that, just give up on the petty squabbling the pair of you

g4m3rof1337

care to prove that? are you suggesting that once your education has finished you will be better educated than say....oooh i dunno....me? or perhaps half of the members of this board?

in fact, don't answer that, just give up on the petty squabbling the pair of you

Go to your local bookstore, look for How to home school books.
Read through them, and they will state, your children are getting a better education with home schooling.

Since its one on one, its easier with learning and not being distracted.

If you so wish to continue debating with a 14 year old, so be it.
but i would like my questions answered on programming, ill go else where to seek my answers.

jimmymac

VIP Member
theoretically, if you could figure out a proper physics algorithm for the individual balls/cue stick, figure out exactly how much friction the table actually put out, and other factors i'm probably missing, then yes... i'd say that it would a bigger pain in the ass then it's worth...

^it was answered in the first post, what more do you want. If your looking for full tuition on how to create said program then i think your going to be dissapointed.

As for the home shcooling, what else do you expect them to put in the books, they need to sell them. I know of no proven basis that suggests that home schooling is more beneficial than public school teaching.....

But you have suggested yourself, thats off topic so i shall say no more on the matter.

g4m3rof1337

My questions answered i should have stated, that if i s happen to have any more questions, i would ask them and hope for an educated answer.

As for home schooling... your saying they want to sell there books? so they lie?
or maybe there saying the truth.

what affects a student, lets say my age, in a public school?
well,
drugs, weapons, peer pressure, popularity, self-conscience, then hormones.
iam sure the list goes on.

iam also sure all or some of this is in ALL public schools and carries over into private.

ive experienced public and private.
public... had to experience racism, when in 5th and 6th grade, my best friend was black, and the other black kids did not like that.

so iam sure home schooling doesnt have that.