Can't Delete Certain File

thedoors27

I have a folder in my music, an album folder I dont want there, only iit wont let me delete it at all, the first error message I get is "cannot access etc" and the second is "the file may not be on the hard drive"

Someone help eek :eek:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
sure it does. in my computer right click on the HDD and pick properties, then goto the tools tab. It is called error checking

thedoors27

WOW! lol thanks for that info, you learn something new everyday...me and my friend have thought since xp came out "wow they got rid of scan disk" DOH!

thedoors27

That hasnt worked either :( I have tried a program which is sposed to delete the file still no luck....I read that I can delete the file in ms dos? The file I want to delete is in the "my music" folder. Can anyone help?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
if you have a DOS boot disk you can try it provided your HDD is FAT32 not NTFS. if you just were going to use the command line utility in windows you will most likely have the same problem. when you ran scan disk did you scan for bad sectors as well?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I have a folder in my music, an album folder I dont want there, only iit wont let me delete it at all, the first error message I get is "cannot access etc
Try deleting from safe mode