Can't get speakers to work

Crazydude185

Hey i just bought some speakers for my new laptop. http://techgage.com/article/logitech_x-240_21_music_center_speakers/ well for some reason after i got them set up i cant get my laptop to play them. I think it might be my sound card because the speakers have a green end that plugs into the laptop and all my laptop has are a pink blue and black(head phones) ports. Does this mean i have to get a new sound card or what? by the way the laptop is a Acer Aspire 5920.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I see them using an ipod with it, so it should have a standard analog input. I don't know why your headphone jack isn't wouldn't work. Have you tried any other speakers on the laptop, or any other devices on the speakers?

Beyond

Make sure the 3.5mm jack is completely plugged into the laptop. If it's not all the way in, your sub would not work.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Make sure the 3.5mm jack is completely plugged into the laptop. If it's not all the way in, your sub would not work.

What? A headphone jack is two channels; left and right. A crossover takes both those channels and only plays the low frequency sounds through the sub, and the rest to the correct speaker. If it's not plugged in all the way, worst case would be either no sound, or a single speaker and weak sub...

Beyond

What? A headphone jack is two channels; left and right. A crossover takes both those channels and only plays the low frequency sounds through the sub, and the rest to the correct speaker. If it's not plugged in all the way, worst case would be either no sound, or a single speaker and weak sub...

It worked... :cool: