Car sound system

Looks pretty good, MTX is good stuff, too. I have a rich friend that has 2 Jackhammers(MTX) in the back of his Escalade, he set off a bank alarm with them. Those are 22" subs, they are friggin awesome.

heyman421

banned
I was thinking of buying a home theatre system but scrapped that idea. Now I am thinking of getting a system for my car.

Do these look good?
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/prod...y_id=10&item_id=108278&locale=en_US&p_status=
two of these

and this amp
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/prod...y_id=20&item_id=108228&locale=en_US&p_status=

now is there anything else i need to get?

what kind of enclosure should i get?

RF makes good amps, but bad subs.

Plus, if you're just powering a subwoofer with it, there's better power/$ if you go with a class-D amp.

I'd think about a single type-r 12" in 2.5 cubic feet tuned to ~35hz with anywhere from 500-1000 watts, and you'll be 100x better off than with that punch garbage.

heyman421

banned
Looks pretty good, MTX is good stuff, too. I have a rich friend that has 2 Jackhammers(MTX) in the back of his Escalade, he set off a bank alarm with them. Those are 22" subs, they are friggin awesome.

You are without a doubt lying your ass off.

Those speakers are over $7k a piece.

You show me a picture of your friend's car, and i'll resign from this forum TONIGHT.

I DARE you to prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Okay, let me get a pix on my phone Monday after school, gimme ur email. It's a cream white 2006 Cadillac Escalade, his dad owns*************

Last edited:
Read that, that is what he owns, gimme 'til Monday.

Wait my bad, it's a 2007 Escalade, the new body style. Since you want to see it so bad, you better hope he drives it and not his XLR.

Last edited:

footballstevo75

You are without a doubt lying your ass off.

Those speakers are over $7k a piece.

You show me a picture of your friend's car, and i'll resign from this forum TONIGHT.

I DARE you to prove me wrong.

I really wanna see those pics too, so just post em up on here. The only problem is proving that he took the picture, not just some google search :D

I TXT'd him and he sent me these back, he took these after it was cleaned Friday. I am assuming with his phone the pic quality is bad.

JlCollins005

exactly my ass he has 2 jackhammers in that for one thing he would have to remove all the rear seats, and have custom mounts, as far ur ? jack i prefer kicker Subs they are much better than rockford or mtx just a bit more in price, i had 2 kicker comps 10" in my s10 rated 800 watt peak each, bridged off of an mtx 350 watt amp blew my buddies 12" mtx 1000 watt peak subs away and my buddies 12" audiobahns also, but maybe a capacitor would be something to think about

Dual_Corex2

banned
Ok. Being an audioholic, none of the options here are good. MTX and Audiobahn is horrible quality all around, RF is way overpriced.

If you want a good starter system, i suggest this:

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6493_Pioneer+Premier+TS-W126DVC.html#

If you get 2 of them, wire in a 1 ohm configuration, if you dont know how i can help with that as well, and get this amp:

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6556_Hifonics+Titan+TXi+7506.html

That would sound alot better, alot louder, and way more bang for your buck then any Punch subwoofers.

Also, your gonna want to get a nice size ported enclosure, one tuned to 38hz would sound good.

You wont need a cap, if your alt is a good size (mine is 95amps and its fine, im running about 1500watts RMS total in my car with 2 amps) then you will have no problem providing you ground the amp good. I made the mistake of not grounding my amp good enough and it stopped working one day, took me forever to figure out what was wrong then i grounded it correctly and to the frame rather then just some random metal.

Last edited:
Alright......speak as you wish, I don't care. That Escalade is an ESV(longer wheelbase), he just doesn't use the 3rd row, he removed the seats. I will reveal the truth sometime. You guys crack me up, just b/c there are a lotta scams and bad info on here doesn't mean everyone is BS'ing you.

Dual_Corex2

banned
That would pry be OK. Kickers round subs usually have pretty good quality. However, you can get WAY better prices for them online. $400 for a pair in a box is outragous. I spent about $400 on my whole subwoofer setup alone amps, box, and subwoofer altogether.

I would shop at sonic electronix, iv seen they have lower prices then any place iv been on the net.

That amp is way overpriced, i paid $270 for my 1200 true watts amp, which is about double the output of that amp......

Your gonna save a fortune shopping online and will find better stuff.

Jack Bauer

banned
That would pry be OK. Kickers round subs usually have pretty good quality. However, you can get WAY better prices for them online. $400 for a pair in a box is outragous. I spent about $400 on my whole subwoofer setup alone amps, box, and subwoofer altogether.

I would shop at sonic electronix, iv seen they have lower prices then any place iv been on the net.

That amp is way overpriced, i paid $270 for my 1200 true watts amp, which is about double the output of that amp......

Your gonna save a fortune shopping online and will find better stuff.

What are some good brands for subs and amps? I was looking on ebay and it was a lot cheaper so I think I am going to buy there.

Dual_Corex2

banned
xplod sucks, kicker are good but like dual said find them cheaper online, try www.cmttrading.com

I wouldnt use that site, i looked at some products, overpriced.

Id use https://www.sonicelectronix.com/index.php

Iv had good experience with Pioneer Premier subwoofers, they can take more power then rated (not a whole lot, but at least its better then most cheap stuff) and for the money they sound really good.

Alpine also does make good subwoofers, Kicker Comps, RE and Fi Audio (very expensive but almost top of the line), Dayton Audio, Digital Designs, Diamond Audio, SoundStream. Those are all great subwoofer brands.

As for amps, HiFonics is the best iv seen, next to JL and JBL, Alpine, Kicker, US Amps, and Orion.

Last edited: