Case thermal profile

MadMaX

Hi !
It's my 1st post here, just joined Computer Forum ;) . I excuse me for some errors in my english, but i hope you understand me :confused: (i'm from Italy).
Can you help me to find some informations about temperature profile in a PC case ... with different cooling situations and/or spontaneus convection ?

I found a japanese site but....very hard to understand !!! :eek:

Here's the link: http://www.kagiken.co.jp/product/keyflow/index.shtml

See the pics...very interesting !!

Waiting for reply...

ByE !! :cool:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
That pictures show applications of the Keyflow software. The Keyflow was developed for simulations focused on wind condition in urban area.
Using this software to a computer case airflow simulation is very interesting, but sadly I don't know a single word in japanese...
Except of harakiri.

4W4K3

VIP Member
i use a incense stick and watch the smoke in the case. depending on where it goes or where it builds up those are your paths.

MadMaX

4W4K3 said:
i use a incense stick and watch the smoke in the case. depending on where it goes or where it builds up those are your paths.

Eh Eh..nice! With incense stick you could see airflow path, but you haven't informations about temperature.
Anyway it is a good idea to smell a PC ;) !!! CD/DVD lenses will not damage for only one smoke!

Thanks alot for the answer.

ByE!!

MadMaX

Interesting idea, Lorand. I'm going to look around for further informations about keyflow software. Thanks!
I presume it will be not so difficult to build an 'home made' device to log temperatures in a PC case.

Thanks again.

ByE !!

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Keyflow is just a simulation.
If you want to monitor real temperatures then fill up the case with sensors... :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Can you help me to find some informations about temperature profile in a PC case ... with different cooling situations and/or spontaneus convection ?
Maximum PC did an cover story on that .... Nephilim you still have that one? (its the one were they had UT2004Demo in the MaxCD and the backpage article was about UT2004) .. a bunch of nice pics and stuff there ... 2003.... May? March?

Except of harakiri
Which really should be sepukku :)

Very bad idea :p

CD/DVD lenses will not damage for only one smoke!
Who said anything about optical drives .. how about everything else? :p

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
very bad idea :p

yah i only did it a few times. i have a tank for a cd drive so im not worried about it...probably older than me lol. dry ice will work better if you can get it.

4W4K3

VIP Member
i didnt think a little smoke would kill anything. maybe i will stop recommending it. alot of my friends use that trick, or smoke alot next to there pc's.

4W4K3

VIP Member
lol i've seen people try to make windows in there HD's...then cut the thing in half with the dremel....u gotta mess up once i guess lol.

MadMaX

Lorand said:
Keyflow is just a simulation.
If you want to monitor real temperatures then fill up the case with sensors... :)

You're right Lorand !
I found a device that gives you a real indication of case internal temperature and log it is the following quoted here:
The Thermal Test Board (TTB) system is a dedicated and sophisticated hardware and software thermal measurement tool for system developers. This tool is designed to simulate thermal loads and measure temperatures within the chassis that can be used to determine thermal performance for the overall test system, which includes individual system components such as fans, power supplies, heat sinks, and chassis. It also automates the test data collection process and generates an informative report based on that data. This report provides a thermal map of the system's configurations and components under test, allowing for better evaluation of the system during the development phase.

complete_sys.jpg

The link is http://www.formfactors.org/thermal.asp

ByE

MadMaX

Praetor said:
Maximum PC did an cover story on that .... Nephilim you still have that one? (its the one were they had UT2004Demo in the MaxCD and the backpage article was about UT2004) .. a bunch of nice pics and stuff there ... 2003.... May? March?

Thanks very much, Praetor, but in Italy i didn't find Maximum PC or a translated one.
In the site http://www.maximumpc.com/ there's no mention about that.

ByE