Chatroom

Jimbob1989

banned
Me and a friend were thinking about making a teenage chatroom but we are not very advanced in web programing. We were thinking of using either front page or dreamweaver. Any one who might want to help would be appreciated and mentioned on the website whenever it is published.

Jimbob

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Chat systems can use a lot of server resources, so I have been told, a forum is better because it is something you can build, and the search engines spider the pages which helps build more traffic to the site and help it grow. Where as chat rooms basically offer nothing in that regard.

Jimbob1989

banned
forums have there advantages but most people think to them selves. "oh i'll go and talk to my friends in a chatroom" not a forum. Good point though thanks.

Jimbob

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I dont like chatrooms or forums for chatting with someone, I prefer email which is kind of like chat when you reply fast, but you also have the option of not replying and doing other things in between.

LMAO, most of the site i been to, and i check there chat, after a few month, the chat is dead, it's better to have forum,
u can use IRC, ICQ, AIM to set a chat...., or find those java, php, ...... script and add it to ur site to set up a chat room,
u can get those free code from bravenet (is that how u spell it?), but it's gay