check out my computer

Mulak

hey y'all

check out my windows 98 SE computer... do i need any upgrade?

Attachments

• info bout my computer.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 23

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
It depends on what are your needs. It's not exactly a gaming computer, but you can use it very well as it is for a whole lot of applications: text editing, programming, accounting, etc., etc.

Mulak

i want to get window xp...but i dont think my mom would let me get a another computer... so i got to upgrade to meet the expectation of windows xp

kof2000

but then again for the price for windows xp u can get a new motherboard lol or maybe and a better cpu but then again 98se aint bad

4W4K3

VIP Member
Mulak said:
so i can jus buy a windows xp and install it no problem?

as long as you meet minimum requirememnts, and you think it will run smoothly with all the graphics stuff. you need HD space...which i think you have.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Here's What You Need to Use Windows XP Professional

•PC with 300 megahertz or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233 MHz minimum required (single or dual processor system);* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended

•128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)

•1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available hard disk space

•Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor

•CD-ROM or DVD drive

•Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
Your system is way above these requirements... :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
there is anything i could upgrade beside RAM??
Realistically you shouldnt do anything other than upgrading the entire system. You can find decent upgrade deals for $200 or so no problem