Check out my pc's and lmk what u think and what else i should do

djdevynator

Check out my Sweet Gaming Computer and old XPS. pics/screenshots. LMK what u think

Hey everyone, these r my 2 computers i have for now. I have a Dell 2400 and a Dell XPS T600. I wanted to see what everyone thinks of them and what else i should do.

I got my Dell 2400 about 2 years ago, and i have ben upgrading it ever since. I have basically made this into a custom build Dell that is great for gaming and is like a mini dance club. I have also made a custom plexy glass side painted to match the rest of the case. And my Dell XPS T600 which i got for free. I havent done much too yet beside a faster CPU and more memory. but i hope to have more coming for both pc's and even build another custom pc.

Dell 2400:
XP Home
Celeron at 2.40GHz(want to upgrade)
1.25 gigs of ram just put in with black heatsinks(might make to 2 gigs)
Maxtor 40gig
Western Digital 80gig
Sony DVD drive
Sony CD Burner drive
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS
ATI Radeon Visiontek Xtasy 9250 graphics card(custom cut heatsink with fan)
Many lazers, cathodes, and other LED's added

Dell XPS T600(was a t500):
XP Home
P3 600MHz
272MB or ram(want 512)
25gigs(want to add more)
Lite-on DVD drive
NVIDIA Riva TNT graphics card
Aureal Vortex 8820 sound card

Pics:
XPS T600:
100_2167.jpg

2400:
New Pics
Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

System info screenshot:
20kvwc5.jpg

Screenshot of CS on my Dell 2400 running medium settings:
211lx6w.jpg

DOD on Dell 2400 on medium settings:
211lxro.jpg

More pics down on next post

Last edited:

PC eye

banned
Nice light show with a good job on the side panel feel like making one for the atx case here? The other Dell I would donate to a school instead of putting any money into there. The one problem most don't realize is that a computer system loses some 80% of retail in roughly two years time due to the fast turnover in hardwares.

I wait a little longer to grab the higher end stuff at reduced vendor prices when custom building here. When I get an air conditioned case I'll let you make a custom clear side panel for it. But I am in favor of AMD custom builds over prepackaged system while you did something there.

djdevynator

My ram heat spreaders(taken with phone):
Photo_0060.jpg

More screenshot of games on my Dell 2400:

--Need for Speed Most Wanted. Looks blurry because of speed blur:
211ksya.jpg

--GTI Racing:
211l9h1.jpg

--MotoGP 3:
211m0sl.jpg

System Properties screenshot of Dell 2400:
211m70n.jpg

Goes with pics above but i cant post anymore up there^^^^^^^^^

thanks man, ya i c what ur saying about donating my XPS. and ya ill make u a side panel once u get ur case, just let me know what design u want, color, and all dimentions.

Last edited:

PC eye

banned
When running WMPlayer sometime allow screen saver playback for the random order of "battery" to get some ideas there. You'll love it! :p You should hear some good things on the looks there. It shows a little artwork in design. You can also look over some sites where custom styled case are supplied. Some of those can get your notice quick.

bball4life

2 words- Zip Ties
Your case looks great especially for a dell but the cables could definately use some straigtening up, it will improve your airflow and the view of the inside of your case. Other than that it looks great, oh and round cables work great for ide devices in order to get rid of the massive ribbon cables.;)

PC eye

banned
Who runs ribbon cables anymore? I keep tossing those found in the box when putting in a new drive into the other recycle bin. :p

bball4life

PC eye said:
Who runs ribbon cables anymore? I keep tossing those found in the box when putting in a new drive into the other recycle bin. :p
Well I use them, just not on my computer especially if there is a window on it, just built a pc for my grandpa and wasn't gonna spend the extra money for rounded cables, but they look like crap if you have a window.

djdevynator

bball4life: thanks man, ya i was trying to figure out the best wat to tuck all them wires away, and get a ata133 round cable for my drives.

PC eye: ya iv found some cases i like at xoxide, that is accualy where i got all my lights. and this saterday im going to the computer fair in pomona so ill c what i find there.

bball4life

djdevynator said:
bball4life: thanks man, ya i was trying to figure out the best wat to tuck all them wires away, and get a ata133 round cable for my drives.
No problem, remeber its the little things that really help make it good looking, but considering that you did that from a dell, excellent job. You should build your own comp sometime and really go at the case, and see what you can come up with, im sure it would look pretty sweet.

PC eye

banned
Gee if you got to use ribbon cables at least put some reflective designs on them so it looks like something more then a boat anchor. Some random flashing leds or neons would go great there.

m0nk3ys1ms

PC eye said:
Gee if you got to use ribbon cables at least put some reflective designs on them so it looks like something more then a boat anchor. Some random flashing leds or neons would go great there.

Ya, that would look pretty sweet, or get clear ones with led's built in (not sure if they make them).

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
2 words- Zip Ties
Your case looks great especially for a dell but the cables could definately use some straigtening up, it will improve your airflow and the view of the inside of your case. Other than that it looks great, oh and round cables work great for ide devices in order to get rid of the massive ribbon cables.
Yes on the zip ties (or cable ties or whatever people liek to call them ... as for round cables .... they're so much bigger than flat ones.... you can fold the flat cables down to half the thickness of round cables

Who runs ribbon cables anymore?
Me. When you got 6+ HDDs in a case and want airflow, only flat cables can give you the airflow (well that and I've not been able to find high performance round cables ... not that i'd switch but that's just an added point)

Well I use them, just not on my computer especially if there is a window on it, just built a pc for my grandpa and wasn't gonna spend the extra money for rounded cables, but they look like crap if you have a window.
They look like crap cuz you're not folding them ;)

i tucked my ribbon cables behind the drive cages in my window case, cant see any trace of them
Bingo!

Case in point:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 33

Arm_Pit

banned
Praetor said:
Yes on the zip ties (or cable ties or whatever people liek to call them ... as for round cables .... they're so much bigger than flat ones.... you can fold the flat cables down to half the thickness of round cables

Me. When you got 6+ HDDs in a case and want airflow, only flat cables can give you the airflow (well that and I've not been able to find high performance round cables ... not that i'd switch but that's just an added point)

Bingo!

Case in point:
FINALLY SOMEONE AGREE'S WITH ME. There was a thread a while ago and litterly 10 people where against me about round vs ribbon. Ribbon cables are IMO better then round, and they provide better airflow just like you said, you just need to fold them and push them behide and into things.

bball4life

Praetor said:

Bingo!

Case in point:

They still look like crap even folded. And no they dont provide better airflow even folded because they are wider then the round cables. As for higher performance ide cables, you really only need those for hdds, and those still aren't very good. Now sata nice small cables and high performance.

But in the end its all a matter of tucking your cables away no matter what cables you have.

Last edited:

PC eye

banned
I seem to be able to tuck round cables in under the cd writer with the two here without any problem there. The one thing other then performance seen on a pair of Antec round cables here was the extra ground you fasten to the chassis. Since they are round they are also more flexible for things like having the master drive installed under the slave. That makes the cd writer the D drive while the dvd burner then becomes the E by default. I assign the second hard drive as the F drive due to not having any OS on at present while deciding on which Linux distro will go on the unpartitioned space there.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
They still look like crap even folded
1. That's an opinion
2. I disagree (and that too, is an opinion)

And no they dont provide better airflow even folded because they are wider then the round cables
You're not folding them enough.

for higher performance ide cables, you really only need those for hdds
And what on earth do you think I'm connecting? ;)

Now sata nice small cables and high performance
I wont even get into the issue of SATA because you dont know that you wont notice the difference in performance. But if you want performance, you'll notice that most SCSI cables are um... flat. ;) SATA cables dont fold as well as ribbon cables.

But in the end its all a matter of tucking your cables away no matter what cables you have.
Agreed but I'd like to see you snake 8 SATA cables through a slot thats 12mm thick. sure you can do it, but it's a lot more stress on the cables than with ribbons.

Since they are round they are also more flexible for things like having the master drive installed under the slave
WHOA! Round = more flexible??? Not a chance. Round cables have that, well, sheathing ... that sheathing is definitively not flexible in comparison to flat cabling (why not? because the sheathing is thicker and thicker things are less flexible)