Check This Out, Read On Dude

prodigio2k

im building this bullshit computer to use,im tired of slow stuff,so im getting everything fast,, money is not an issue,since im gonna take a loan to buy this computer,i just want to know that i invested in quality stuff,and not just buy something because of brand..

IM PLANNING ON BUYING TWO OF THESE, Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model WD740GD, MY QUESTION IS is it better to buy an 250 ide hard drive for the same price,will it be the smae speed (being realistic, not being a super science geek") or just get those two and put them on RAID 0 (regarless of what they say about the ricks involved)

another question
im also getting this OCZ Enhanced Latency Dual Channel Series Platinum Edition 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3700
is it worth getting two of these , or just get a better cpu thatn the one posted below??? in other words, its having 2 gigs of good fast ram, better than a cpu (im getting the amd 64 3500) will it be worth sacrifice ram for the 3800 or what ever it is the name of that one

third question
im also getting this
MSI "K8N Neo2 Platinum" NVIDIA nForce3 ULTRA Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939
is this the best amd 939 socket , for the price??/ also,,in these days should i plan on getting a motherboard with a pciexpress slot,,or will agp keep ripping it for life?lol

fourth question
im getting this,,,i thikn its good enough,,then again,i dont know shit.
AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 512K, L2 Cache, Socket 939 Windows Compatible 64-bit Processor - Retail ,,question,,is ti worth getting a better cpu,,or just getting the 2GIGS of ram that i want ( look above)

fifth que.......
is this the best card i could buy????? any freaking sugestion on this,,i been to so many threads and forums,and some people say ati or nvidia,,i seen the charts ,nvidia all the way,but why so many people that know about computer recomend ati(eaither the x800, or the 9800) whats the deal

sixth,,,i wasnt gonna do it,,but i think i should,IM GOING FOR A LCD(i think thats it, a flat pannel monitor) ,,i am looking for a 19 inch(yes 19 inch, i know is gonna be like a 21inch CRT ) but i get lost when looking at pixels and viewble image, resolution and all that crap,that they show u at newegg ,any ways,if you have a 19inch montior,and you have play half life or halo 2 and it looks good,,post it here

im getting two DVD RW,,one with 8mb buffer,and another one that can burn double disk dvds? is this a wise decision????//

TOO MANY QUESTIONS <SO LIL TIME<,lolololoolol<PLEASE INPUT,,DONT ASK QUESTIONS JUST ANSWER THEM<<HAVE A NICE DAY YA ALLLL

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
im planning on buying two of these, western digital raptor 74gb 10, 000rpm SATA hard drive, model wd740gd, my question is is it better to buy an 250 IDE hard drive for the same price, will it be the smae speed (being realistic, not being a super science geek") or just get those two and put them on RAID 0 (regarless of what they say about the ricks involved)
depends on what kind ofperformance you want.
1. SCSI pwnz (not to mention you don't suffer from system cripple each time you insert an optical disc)
2. raid0 is benificial depending on the intent of the machine. what's yours?

is it worth getting two of these , or just get a better cpu thatn the one posted below? ? ? in other words, its having 2 gigs of good fast RAM, better than a cpu (im getting the AMD 64 3500) will it be worth sacrifice RAM for the 3800 or what ever it is the name of that one
i thought money wastn an issue?

is this the best AMD 939 socket , for the price? ? / also, , in these days should I plan on getting a motherboard with a PCIexpress slot, , or will AGP keep ripping it for life? lol
well naturally PCIx will replace AGP just not yet. as for cost vs performance, it depends on what you pay.

im getting this, , , I thikn its good enough, , then again, I don't know shit.
AMD athlon 64 3500+, 512k, L2 cache, socket 939 windows compatible 64-bit processor - retail , , question, , is ti worth getting a better cpu, , or just getting the 2gigs of RAM that I want ( look above)
1. money wasnt an issue right?
2. which 3500? the Newcastle (130nm 512K) (130nm 512k) (130nm 512k) (130nm 512k) (130nm 512k) (130nm 512k) (130nm 512k) (130nm 512k) or Winchester (90nm 512K) (90nm 512k) (90nm 512k) (90nm 512k) (90nm 512k) (90nm 512k) (90nm 512k) (90nm 512k)?

but why so many people that know about computer recomend ati(eaither the X800, or the 9800) whats the deal
well you can flip that question around and say "why did so many people reccomend the 5950? " if you really want to know why -- ask them and provided they arent total fanboys or idiots (or both) then they can backup their position

with respect to your question, the shootout comes down between the 6800uee ( @cromwell : that might be nv45 or is it nv40? ) and the X850XTpe (r423). since money isnt an issue, twin 6800uees running SLI would be the way to go for now.

im going for a LCD(i think thats it, a flat pannel monitor)
1. keyboard problems or random capitalization?
2. well LCD is one thing, flat panel monitor can be marketed as another (even though they are supposed to be one and the same)

im getting two DVD rw, , one with 8mb buffer
1. get a good DVD burner ans that'll settle your question
2. which burner's got an 8mb buffer?

don't ask questions just answer them
this is * not * what a forum administrator wants to see on his forum. I would strong " suggest " you refrain from such silliness.

prodigio2k

i tought of getting SCSI , but it seems to confusing. are you sure RAID 0 wont perform the same????????

money is not an issue, it was just intrigging to me which one its a better performance option

1 about the new castle core,a dn the winshester, what its the difference,,which one has better performance in general???/

again ,money is not an issue, just wanted to know if the two gigs would really give me the boost i need

- not a keyboard problem,,thatss how i type ,i guesss
-i meant to say the LCD,(the ones taht dont weight so much, look like laptop monitors) i need more info on this,on what to look for when i go out to buy one,and how will it deal with heavy games.

2. which burner's got an 8mb buffer?

its on new egg, just click on dvd/rw, and select the beffer 8mb,,if you scroll down,its there,,i dontknow how will this make a better performance, but it seem like a nice add-on,check it out and tell me what you think

this is * not * what a forum administrator wants to see on his forum. I would strong " suggest " you refrain from such silliness.[/QUOTE]

yea, i know,its that sometimes i post questions,and it gets offf topic soooo fast,its kind of irritating....BUT i do understand that you guys are giving me information for free, and you doing it from good deed. and i didnt meant it at the time as an offence,just to scare away,the topic-scramblers.aight have a good one

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i tought of getting SCSI , but it seems to confusing. are you sure RAID 0 wont perform the same????????
I replied didnt i? As for RAID0, its only benificial for certian applications.

1 about the new castle core,a dn the winshester, what its the difference,,which one has better performance in general???/
Neither is better performing. The Winchester just gives more OC headroom.

its on new egg, just click on dvd/rw, and select the beffer 8mb,,if you scroll down,its there,,i dontknow how will this make a better performance, but it seem like a nice add-on,check it out and tell me what you think
You typed all that when you could have just given a model name/number :p (regardless it was kinda stupid of me to forget the PXs)

yea, I know,its that sometimes I post questions,and it gets offf topic soooo fast,its kind of irritating....BUT I do understand that you guys are giving me information for free, and you doing it from good deed. and I didnt meant it at the time as an offence,just to scare away,the topic-scramblers.aight have a good one
Let's let me do the job of managing the forum and dealing with hijackers.