Compaq Presario To This Case

lbdl06

Hey ya'll... first post! Nice site, thought I'd swing my question by you guys.

I'm soon to be getting a Compaq Presario SR1110NX this week sometime. And I would like to get a new case for it. Reason being, I would like to slowly but surely replace all the essential parts in it so i eventually have a mac-daddy system. I've been researching and the motherboard of the computer i'll be getting IS in ATX layout. But when I look at the motherboard pictures it doesn't look like it'll work with this case I'm getting.

Motherboard Picture:
c00063444.jpg

Case I'd like to get(Yes I know you probably see everybody wanting this case):
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-144-026&DEPA=1

When you look at a rear pic of the case, the ports don't match. Could I possibly rip out that piece of metal so the motherboard will fit anyways then take a piece of lexan and cut out the correct ports in it and silicon it to the case after spraypainting it black?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
When you look at a rear pic of the case, the ports don't match. Could I possibly rip out that piece of metal so the motherboard will fit anyways then take a piece of lexan and cut out the correct ports in it and silicon it to the case after spraypainting it black?
1. The case backpanel is suposed to be punched out
2. Nothing extra different about the mobo
3. If you're adamant about putting the metal plate back on, the mobo comes with one :)

lbdl06

Praetor said:
1. The case backpanel is suposed to be punched out
2. Nothing extra different about the mobo
3. If you're adamant about putting the metal plate back on, the mobo comes with one :)

Why didn't I think of that!! HAHA Thank you... looks like my order will be that case, 3 more of those same fans and a 4 fan controller unit. :D Thanks a lot

Viper_86

banned
lbdl06 said:
I would like to slowly but surely replace all the essential parts in it so i eventually have a mac-daddy system.
i know its a little late, but wont that cost a lot more buying a complete pc then swapping out parts...now unless u have a good budget for this kinda stuff or u r in need of a computer right now (which is totaly understandable) i would think that just building ur own over the internet and thru different stores would b a cheaper way of gettin ur mac-daddy machine a lot sooner and for a lot less money.

gl with all of this...i hope u get the system u were lookin for.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
but wont that cost a lot more buying a complete pc then swapping out parts
Generally no but it could work well either way. I sell average Joe computers and typically buy ~200 "supersized computers" a year for people and its much cheaper to "move up" than to "move down" :)

lbdl06

Well, see here's the story. There's a HUGE pine tree in our back yard about 30 ft from my room. Got struck by lightning and i thought it fried my whole computer. Lucky me, it was only my router and network card, but the computer wouldn't turn on so i thought it was dead. Decided to pull the network card just in case and boom, computer works. :D Thing is I had already filed the claim with out insurance company, so I'm getting a free Compaq Presario SR1110NX :cool: