Computer Building Newb Question

Beasman

I have a problem with my computer. My brother in-law built this comp but once I got it home it crashed in some games and sometimes the comp would even restart. I assumed it was due to a driver issue with the graphics card a 128mb G-Force 5200 FX. I have re-installed drivers and updated. Im now just not sure if my brother in-law installed alll the hardware properly. I was thinking I should wipe and re-partion the hard drive disconnet all drives, clear the cmos and start all over. Also windows failed to find a couple of drivers for the MB off the disk I have. I have a Asus A7V600-X MB. THink I should start all over or Maybe reboot windows and get all drivers from ASUS website? Im not sure what to do...(I should add that its not an overheating issue, its cool in the case and my temp reads fine in the bios)

Bobo

banned
Check for viruses, I once got a virus that deleted system files

Otherwise, sure, start over. I have that same video card, and have never had any problems with it.....

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
New topic = New Thead. But i suggest u look at the threads where you asked how to OC ;)