Computer Case Scratches

thirdwatch4

Hi. I have a Compaq X1010 Laptop. My Aunt's dog :mad: scratched the top of the case. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good scratch remover that would get rid of the scratches? Thank you so much.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I think it's plastic, so you can't remove the scratch. The case would look worse if you use an abrasive scratch remover.
You can buy a new case top (here you can find one: http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com), but it's much cheaper to put a sticker over the scratches...

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Life is beautiful when it’s not over-complicated... :D
Btw, be gentle with the dog - I’m sure he didn’t scratch your case on purpose just to cause you trouble...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but even a program is more efficient if its source is simpler...
1. Tell that to my final exams :p
2. That reminds me of something i read somewhere ... "Some people will argue, if it's not broke, don't fix it. Engineers argue that if it's not broke, it doesn't have enough features" :p

:D

btwitteyuk

Re:

I have a Toshiba SPA10.
I have scratches on the front of mine. Do you know how I can remove them? The Cover is plastic (i think)

Cheers

kof2000

mickey mouse or hello kitty stickers will do. just make sure to get evenly sized ones or you'll need to put quite a few on the same spot.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I think it will work if the laptop's case was made from the same plastic. If it has just a thin layer of its actual colour and below the plastic's colour is different, then it won't work.
So take a look on the scratches: if you see the same colour everywhere, then you could try that product.