Computer shouting "USA" virus?

ggguy

Every once in a while my relatively new Dell laptop will just shout "USA". Dell has no answer, nor does Norton or Adware remove it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :confused:

Eklipze3k

It may, for some reason beyond my comprehension, be associated with an event in your 'Sounds and Audio Device' Control Panel. Have a look in there on the 'Sounds' tab and see what files are associated with the individual events (I am assuming here that you are running XP, otherwise it may just be the 'Sounds' Control Panel). Certain programs will add their own sounds for events so something you have installed recently may have done it.

4W4K3

VIP Member
do you run AIM or any kind of instant messaging program. that will cause it. if you use AIM there is an option where when someone on your buddylist signs on, your computer will use THERE log in sound. for a few of my friends its stuff liek a guitar chord or somethign they recorded. i bet its someone signing in and it shouts USA cuz thats there sign on sound. you can stop this by selecting "play only MY sounds" in AIM or w/e u use control.

kof2000

either that or you had some sort of theme for ur os like those sounds themes where you click something and it makes a sound also when you finish download something with a download manager and it makes a sound telling u is done lol maybe.

ZER0X

VIP Member
it sounds like you or someone else has added that sound to your sounds and devices...EG when you open a window it makes that sound, or when you maximise or minimise your window. Check out your sounds and devices and see if it's there :)