Computer shuts down during games

DeerParkWater

Whenever I play games my computer shuts down after maybe 10 minuteof playing time. I forget when this started to happen. I built the computer customly. Could I have forgotten to install the driver for the Ram or video card? It is 512 mb ram and a 128mb 9600 radeon video card, so running warcraft shouldnt be an issue. There is some spyware on the computer, but I don't think enough to drain 512 mb. I went into the device manager to look at some things and see that it has 2 processors and 2 video cards listed. Is this normal? I'm thinking maybe I should just reformat it. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

comp.bmp

Lax

VIP Member
No, you shouldn't Have/Need to reformat your computer. It sounds like it might be an overheating issue. If you post more specs of your computer we should be able to help a little more.

P.S. 2 CPU's means it's an intel with HyperThreading ("2nd CPU") and the 2 Gfx cards are ok too.

Trizoy

VIP Member
I would say... check the video card fan, make sure it si spinning. Did you plug it in? Sounds like overheating. But post the specs.

In reply to:
lol, make the image bigger, or give us the link

Just right click on the image and save as. You can then zoom in and make it as big as you like. Have fun

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
yes i know i can, but it also makes everything unrecognisable, that or my eyes are weird

Nah I'd agree. Thing is that the original picture is that size also :p. See right click on an image and goto properties and you'll see the address.

It do sound like an overheating prob.