Computer won't startup

mogacam

I changed the memory share setting in my bios. I think I may have changed it to none or something of that sort. Now when I go to start up my computer their is no signal to the monitor and it starts beeping. Is their anything i can do to fix it.

darkd3vil

somtimes u dont even have to pop the battery there is cmos feature on alot of mobos that just clear it without popping the battery out

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Really, ive not encountered this before and it doesnt make much sense considering the battery is typically connected to the BIOS directly if you look at the etchings on the board .. still ive seen some crazy/stupid crap with computers heehee .... any examples? :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
mines just a jumper for CMOS..no battery removal required or even unplugging board. jsut turn off, flip off powersupply and reset..then turn back on

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
WTF?!!! I've got an NF7S here and that's not the case with it! (nor the dozens ive sold) .... i need more sleep..

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
WTF?!!! I've got an NF7S here and that's not the case with it! (nor the dozens ive sold) .... i need more sleep..

what revision is it? mines a 2.0 and all u gotta do is turn it off lol. done it dozens of times when i was trying to figure out what BIOS is best..still havent found it lol. probably never will. maybe the newer ones only have it...but all the rev 2.0 should be the same.