Computerforum LOGO - your opinion.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hey guys I would be interested in what you think of the computerforum logo that is currently in the top-left corner. Do you like it? Would you like it changed? Would you suggest a better alternative? It's your call.

JAN :D

It looks nice but I don't know if a computer case is the best choice. It mainly dosn't fit in because this is not a computer modding forum and the case on the logo looks a little crazy. It should be changed to something different. If you want to stay with a case a slightly more professional looking one would be preferable.

Otherwise a 3d logo might be nicer.

The Astroman

I would think a new logo would be cool, like 691175002 said, a 3D logo would be ultra cool! BTW, who made it?

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hmmm

I do not know who made it but I laso think a better looking 3D logo woul be nice. However, we need to hear the opinion of the bosses of this forum. Keep posting your opinions....

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Well I am not going to have a competition and be forced to chose a winner which I am not happy with. But consider this as an open offer, if anyone wants to experiment and have a go at designing a logo which uses the same dark blue color scheme and matches the existing size requirements of what is currently there, I would pay US$40 via paypal.com the same as was paid for the webdesignforum.com logo. But like I said, I am not putting a time limit or will be forced to chose a winner. It is more a case of, if I like something more than what is currently there, I will pay the person US$40 and change the current logo.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
what is currently there clearly says 'computer forum' I dont want something that looks trendy but is hard to read, as the name of the site is important to get across and help people remember.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yeah..

I definitely agree with you on that. I was not referring to the text. I meant that little picture on the left of it. That's what I do not really like. This seems like a nice offer from you. I will try my best to come up with alternatives.

Il see what I can cook up in fireworks...
Btw, what is the current size in pixles (im guessing 50-75 high and 400-600 long...)
And what is the top and bottem color of the gradient (in hexadecimal would be preferred)

dave597

VIP Member
jancz3rt said:
Keep it down to the logo please.

k the logo: never really noticed it its just been in the background, colours nice, looks kinda techie font with a random thing on the left of it.

maybe change it to a picture of a computer, u know like the my computer icon but better, also computer forum could be done in a different style make it a bit more noticable

Geoff

VIP Member
I agree, the logo does look a little out dated (im not talking about the case itself), but i would have no clue what should go there instead. I will think of something and post it if i find something. So Ian, your going to pay $40 for just a picture someone found on google? lol, i can see if it included the whole top banner, not sure about just a logo, but i would be happy if i got $40 :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I am not paying US$40 for a picture, that I can cut and resize in two minutes, the idea was to change the current logo that is there, that is image and text image.
The current header image is approximately 410 wide by 40 pixels high.
The gradient image used is attached, but that can be changed.
As I said before, I am not going to change it unless it is better than what is currently there, and easy to read.

Attachments

• bg30.gif
    bg30.gif
    1 KB · Views: 209

Geoff

VIP Member
oh, because in the previous posts i read that someone didnt want the text to be changed, only the logo (which is the computer now). Thanks for clearing that up ian.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Lol

geoff5093 said:
oh, because in the previous posts i read that someone didnt want the text to be changed, only the logo (which is the computer now). Thanks for clearing that up ian.

YEAH I GUESS THAT WAS ME. Anyway...so both the text and the picture would constitute the logo. Nice... I am gonna get started on it.

I was digging around on my computer and found some abstract stuff. It would be easy to add Computer Forum and change it to blue but what do you guys think first?

The only problem I can forsee is that it might be difficult to match this style with the cleanness of the forum.

Edit: I just did it in blue anyways...I dont see why i didn't just do it in blue the first time. It looks better to me.
http://http//www.computerforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=521

Attachments

• Done.jpg
    Done.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 158
  • DoneBlue.jpg
    DoneBlue.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited: