Cpu cooling?

belfong

I'm going to OC my E6600 and need to change from stock cooling (it already idles at 39C).
So i don't know if i should by a CPU fan/heatsink cooler OR liquid cooling?
My case is the NZXT LEXA, and if i get water cooling i want to get it all inside the computer in a nice fashioned way, not an external pump.

So any ideas, or models that are good?

PohTayToez

How much are you willing to spend? Water cooling can get into the hundreds of dollars, but you could get a nice CPU HSF that would still allow you to overclock nicely for only $50.

Also, you should be able to overclock a decent amount on just stock cooling.

then water cooling is good for you =)

I disagree....I see more disadvantages to water cooling than advantages. Sure, it can cool much better than air, but if something goes wrong, your very expensive computer is now a very expensive paperweight/doorstop. You can still get very good results with a good HSF, with significantly less risk to your computer and virtually nothing that can go wrong to harm your computer.

The only time I would ever suggest water cooling is if the person was doing EXTREME overclocking.

Master Mind

i agree, ive got my E6600 overclocked at 3.7ghz with the Thermalright Ultra eXtreme Heatsink with a Sycthe 120mm fan attached.....

Master Mind

lhstud10

just get a thermaltake big typhoon and as many fans as you can get into that case and you should be nice.

Master Mind

im not familiar with your case so i dont know how big of a heatsink you can fit in it. my heatsink just fits in my CM Stacker 830 with about 2mm space to spare, so if your case is around the same thickness of mine, i would strongly recommend the Thermalright Ultra eXtreme 120 heatsink.....
only if you have a big case that is.
the Tuniq Tower 120 is not far behind mine perfomance wise and i think it is a little bit smaller.

Master Mind

Master Mind

Get yourself a Zalman, those thing will fricken freeze your CPU :D

the Zalman fans are also very good, especially for the size (height wise). the only bad thing about a few of the heatsinks from zalman is that they are built with a very large/wide top on them, therefore most southbridges etc get int the road....

Master Mind