CPU running at 100%

Fure6

i was wondering why my CPU was running at 100%. Could some one look at my task manager and see which prossess shouldn't be/doesn't have to be running?

Attachments

• TEMP (Custom).JPG
    TEMP (Custom).JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Fure6

the graphic will be changing in the next 5/10 minutes....trying to find a size that will work b/c of the websites crappy upload size.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Fure6 said:
the graphic will be changing in the next 5/10 minutes....trying to find a size that will work b/c of the websites crappy upload size.

lol.. there is a reason for the "websites crappy upload size" you know..
anyway, yeah I was looking for an old desktop magnifier freeware program just to try and read that screenshot ...

Fure6

SFR said:
lol.. there is a reason for the "websites crappy upload size" you know..
anyway, yeah I was looking for an old desktop magnifier freeware program just to try and read that screenshot ...
haha yea, i know there is probably a reason for it....but that doesn't change the fact that it is crappy. :D

well, i think i got it probably as big as my will power will bare. :rolleyes:

ps. can anyone find any that can be :eek:TERMINATED:eek:?

cell4me

banned
Go to start, run, type msconfig go to startup and see what programs are running uncheck any that you dont want to run or dont need to run on your next startup then restart your computer and see where your at!

dave597

VIP Member
Your system is fine!

CPU's tend to use 100% of their processing power - so that is a sign it is working! lol

look at the system idle process! that is 90%, so the running processes are 10%. perfectly normal. :) what i do is click on cpu, so that the highest is at the top - makes it easier to figure out whats happening.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
ah this thread lost a lot of posts during the down time so I'll add my question back. When you see 100% usage is it on the performance tab or are you adding the total from the processes tab

reggie_da_man

holy crap u got a lot stuff running i would suggest running some scans like hi-jack this but be carful what u delete because it can screw ur machine royaly but yea thats way too much stuff running

dave597

VIP Member
reggie_da_man said:
holy crap u got a lot stuff running i would suggest running some scans like hi-jack this but be carful what u delete because it can screw ur machine royaly but yea thats way too much stuff running
yeh, i agree there are some things in the taskbar that you dont need running, eg. realsched.exe

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
dave597 said:
yeh, i agree there are some things in the taskbar that you dont need running, eg. realsched.exe
true but most of the unnecessary stuff is very light on resources eg realsched.exe :)