Creating NTFS filesystem without formatting the drive?!?!

Hi all-
I needed to re-install my OS yesterday and i always always always disconnect my secondary backup drive (Maxtor 60gb) to prevent doing anything stupid to all my important files. As i'm sure you have figured out from that one sentence and the fact i am posting a thread.... i forgot to disconnect my drive and in the hurry that i was in deleted the partition on it..

My computer is up again with XP. My reasoning is that by deleting the partition, i deleted the filesystem. So all of the data is still there, but there is no filesystem to..tell the computer how to access it. And to MY KNOWLEDGE, i dont know of a way to access it, or to configure a filesystem again WITHOUT formatting... and so i am turning to anyone out there that may know anything, even if it is that i am screwed so i do not waste any more time trying to fix this..

If anyone can, please! All of my art files were on there, and only half of which backed up...all my 3d scenes... all of my textures, and the newest updated flash file of my portfolio for colleges...

I really appreciate any help...

_Sean
-_-

[tab]

[...]
Have you created a new partition on it? If so I think you're going to be outta luck... otherwise there are tools that may be able to recover your data... try this.

No, once i deleted the partition i did not create a new one because i knew that would involve formatting the drive...and i thought there might be a chance to get some data back off.... That link looks promising, its going to be a long work day hoping it works when i get home..
Ill post my results..
Thank you!
_Sean

terrance04

problem solved

since it is to late to go back and do all the changes...

Go to ww.bootdisk.com create a boot disk with cd rom support, when finished and loaded the prompt type in fdisk and delete the partition, and the when that is done create a new partition and type format, and then run a fresh install of windows xp, i have a 60 gb also, and i reinstalled 5 days ago , so i know what you mean.

The best one to use is create a windows me boot disk, this will allow you to use fdisk command and format command to completely clear the harddrive and reinstall even if you have windows xp, if you need more help just reply.

hope this helped.