CRT reccomendation

y2keable

is anyone able to suggest a good CRT monitor (19 inches) for gaming, video editing and photo editing?

also looking for a place to buy online. i appreciate that it may not be cool to mention dealer names on the forum, in which case, please PM or email me ;)

cheers
Jayson

tweaker

VIP Member
Well for one CRT's will deliver better image quality, should he be into professional photo/video editing. As long as the dot pitch is low.

y2keable

any reason for buying a new crt over an lcd?

LCD monitors are for gadget-geeks with slightly enough spare room on their desk for little more than a USB novelty fish tank and a Harry Potter mouse mat. Fortunately for me, my desk is as big as the gap between David Beckham's ears and a CRT monitor also has much better resolution and so many other advantages.

psych0fish

LCD monitors are for gadget-geeks with slightly enough spare room on their desk for little more than a USB novelty fish tank and a Harry Potter mouse mat. Fortunately for me, my desk is as big as the gap between David Beckham's ears and a CRT monitor also has much better resolution and so many other advantages.
gadget-geeks? usb fish tanks? wtf are you talking about?

I was just curious as to why you wanted a crt instead of an lcd, no need for all that.

You are correct crt display better picture at any resolution as opposed to lcds which only display good quality picture at its native resolution. crts also have better display of color and contrast.

crts also use more power, hass slightly less sharper image, of course takes up more room and weighs more.

lcds have come down in price a good bit and their quality has gone way up. but it all comes down to the right tool for the right job.