Do these mix?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes they mix although I would suggest you consider getting a different motherboard; I do a lot of servicing and the two brands of mobos that come in with the most problems are ECS (AMD) and ASROCK (intel). You can geta solid ASUS board for not that much more -- and the stability and reliabily are worth it. I'd reccomend spending $100USD and getting the nice ASUS i865PE board but if your budget is tight, they also make SiS based boards in the $50 range. :)

amani77

poop

junk, i already ordered it, im off of my parent's budget, so they oversee the purchases... but ill pray and hope that it works out good... just woundering what mem i should get.. maybe i can return it :cool: oh well, thaks for the info

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The board shouldnt be bad per se, just dont expect it to be a "ferrari" or anything :) As for memory, the one you've selected should be ok and good to go but I would personally look into Corsair (amoung others, but I'm a corsair fan), they've got some nice budget oriented modules too.

4W4K3

VIP Member
what are the memory timings on that stuff??? it doesnt say, so you might be running CAS of 3...for that price range i'd get THIS ...its a lil' more but it overclocks nicely and you can tighten timings a lil. ive just ordered some for a second rig cuz i read alot of reviews that give it high scores.