Doom launch

JLuchinski

I downloaded Doom and the game won't even launch. I get this error report that the engine crashed, I have tried everything that I could find on Google that everyone else did. Anyone else have this issue?

Laquer Head

Is this a Steam library game? I know Steam crashed and was having a bunch of issue the last 2 days - might be a factor?

mistersprinkles

System specs and operating system please.
You might try right clicking the game in your library, selecting properties, and finding the option to rebuild the game exe or whatever its called. Im trying to get into steam to get you the exact instructions right now but it wont start because steam has been royally screwed since the winter sale started. It's just flooded.

Laquer Head

System specs and operating system please.
You might try right clicking the game in your library, selecting properties, and finding the option to rebuild the game exe or whatever its called. Im trying to get into steam to get you the exact instructions right now but it wont start because steam has been royally screwed since the winter sale started. It's just flooded.

Same here, very sporadic

mistersprinkles

Ok it's PROPERTIES, LOCAL FILES, VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE. Try it, has solved issues for me in the past. Just logged into Steam after 3 tries. Really pathetic that they don't have the capacity for all the business they're getting this holiday season... They make more money than (insert your deity here)...

JLuchinski

I already verified the cache and reinstalled all 65 gigs worth. It's the system in my sig.

Attachments

• Doom.png
    Doom.png
    629.2 KB · Views: 1

JLuchinski

No problem, for a game that's been out since May you would think that would be fixed by now. Now I just need a better GPU, Merry Christmas to me lol.

JLuchinski

Yeah I want one so bad, someone was selling a 1060 for $175 the other day, someone literally replied two minutes before I did though. Soon though, soon.

JLuchinski

Ok, so when I go into Doomconfig and change it from 1 to 0 or vice versa after trying to use Vulkan it works but only with open.gl.