Fans wont turn off....

Turkishmoose

I have 4 fans on my case and they're attached to a fan controller. Its one of those knob ones where it slows it down but not completely. Anyway, when i put my computer to sleep, the fans keep going. i cant shut them off because the fan controller is plugged directly to the power supply, and even if i turn them all the way down, i cant get the lights on them to shut off. Same thing happens with my case lighting. Please help...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I have 4 fans on my case and they're attached to a fan controller. Its one of those knob ones where it slows it down but not completely. Anyway, when I put my computer to sleep, the fans keep going. I cant shut them off because the fan controller is plugged directly to the power supply, and even if I turn them all the way down, I cant get the lights on them to shut off. Same thing happens with my case lighting. Please help...
"Computer to sleep" = HDD + CPU + RAM + PCI (i.e., mobo goes to sleep) ... since your fans are directly connected to the PSU there's no way to do it. As for the lights .... unless you've got a switch+rheostat (which i dont think you do), you'll only be able to dim them (obviously and as you've probably noted). To turn them off you'll want to get a switch+rheostat