Few question on my comp

I just register today
Here is the quesiton involving an old Compaq Presario (1998) currently running Win XP
1, My computer start making funny sound, it is so loud, it's from the fan, i don't want to buy another one, so what should i do
2, Because of the crappy fan my Cd burner doesn't work probably, it get so HOT HOT, and shaking when it start running VROOOOOM
3 , how do i separate the fan from the CPU
4, how do u get file after back up,
So many to learn, this is a great community

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
My computer start making funny sound, it is so loud, it's from the fan, I don't want to buy another one, so what should I do
Well I'd open the case, clean out the dust and give the fan a swirl with my finger (with the power off of course!) .. if the fan doesnt spin easily then its time to get a new one whether you want to or not: dust has got into the lubrication for the fan and is impeding its ability to spin/pass air

Because of the crappy fan my Cd burner doesn't work probably
A quick clarification: the fan in question is the CPU fan? Also, what do you mean by "works properly"? Do you get buffer underrun type errors?

it get so HOT HOT, and shaking when it start running VROOOOOM
Definitely a sign of a malfunctioning fan. If you're using the older Slot type processors then I would strongly reccomend you get a new fan since the heatsink on those things arent so great for dealing with heat. If you're running the newer chip-type processors than it might not be neccesary to have a fan there at all (i know the P3-800EB I have doesnt really require cooling)

how do I separate the fan from the CPU
Before I can elaborate I'd need to know the type of processor you've got. I'm assuming you've got a P3 chip but whether you have a Slot1 type or a ZIF type I dont know.

how do u get file after back up,
What files? :)